BCD396XT Won't Communicate w/ PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevez97

Premium Subscriber
Just got this new puppy this afternoon. Got FreeScan all loaded up with freqs, but FreeScan cannot communicate with the radio. Using the Com Autodetection, it locates COM3 and keeps trying different baud rates but never connects. Device Manager on the pc shows Com1 but no indications of any problems on the com port side of things.

I have a feeling this is something pretty simple, but my simple brain hasn't figured it out! <chuckle>

Any ideas out there?

Thanks for this great on-line community!

Steve

k9xyz

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Probably wrong com port check it again....make sure it's the right one.

k9xyz

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If device manager shows com one and auto detect shows com 3 there's your problem just set it to the proper com port and you're done..

stevez97

Premium Subscriber
Good catch K9! Changing it manually allowed a quick window to show indicating the scanner was recognized, followed by another window stating "Insufficient scanner resources to continue. Aborting."

Nothing has been downloaded yet (obviously) just the factory programming exists.

stevez97

Premium Subscriber
Looks like we are good to go. Needed to change the baud rate to a faster (or different) setting.

"Let the games begin!" I think I better get the coffee on. It's gonna be a long (and busy) buy FUN night! LOL

Thanks for the heads up! :)

Landman

What do you do when the arc-xt pro software auto detects the scanner just fine but when i try to download form the scanner it gives me a message saying that the com port is not available or being used by other software. I am using the usb cable that scannermaster sells for the 396xt and the drivers downloader form their website. It said com port 39 when I installed the software, I set this number in the box in the arc software and made sure the baud rates are the same but it wont transfer information after the autodetect.

Status
Not open for further replies.