BCD436HP and Morris County 700 Simulcast System

hh65flier

-
It's not necessary to check the "force write full database" in Sentinel unless you are trying to over-write the master database in the scanner with one of the same date from Sentinel. The only time you would need to check that box would be if the master database in the scanner had somehow been corrupted (for example... a bad SD card), and you were trying to re-write the same date database to the scanner again.... a very rare instance.

Once you update the database in Sentinel with the new weekly update, and Sentinel sees that it has a newer database than the one in the scanner, just writing to the scanner will always (force write) overwrite the older one in the scanner without having to check that box.

When Sentinel sees that the scanner has the same date on the database that it has in your computer, it won't write that database to the scanner again. Each time you write to the scanner for adding frequencies etc, as long as the database dates in the scanner and Sentinel match, the main database in not sent to the scanner again.
Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense.

hh65flier

Your experience with the 436HP is very typical. Failure to lock onto the control signal first occurred for me in a room on the high floor of a hotel while travelling. Reprogrammed the scanner multiple times with no success, then researched the issue on RR and learned about LSM. Finally got reception when I put the scanner in the bathroom sink upside down with the antenna down the drain. Not very practical. On the other hand, the 436HP performance just about matched that of the SDS100 on the system of my previous home location because I was very close to one tower and shielded from the other by hills. Didn't do well at my office 5 miles away.
LOL! I'm gonna try the upside down with the antenna down the drain trick!