BCD436HP/BCD536HP: BCD436HP FAVORITES LIST SCANNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbritton1201

Captain1201
I notice that when my BCD436HP scans through it's Favorites Lists, where I have Favorites Lists that contain only P25 sites, and I'm so far out of range of the P25 sites that I do not receive a control channel signal, does the scanner skip over those P25 Favorites Lists it can't receive?

I notice on the Favorites Lists display at the top of the screen of the BCD436HP, as it scans them it doesn't follow through the Favorites Lists in numerical order. I do have all the Favorite's Lists programmed in numerical order within Sentinel. I have no "System" Quick Keys programmed, and no "Department" Quick Keys programmed.

I have Favorites Lists 14-20 turned on in Sentinel, and checked that these Favorites are turned on within the BCD436HP as well. It will start of Favorites List (14), then skip over some other Favorites Lists, and it doesn't display that it's scanning through all of them ,skipping over some.

20220124_200244.jpg20220124_200248.jpg20220124_200258.jpg20220124_200325.jpg

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I notice that when my BCD436HP scans through it's Favorites Lists, where I have Favorites Lists that contain only P25 sites, and I'm so far out of range of the P25 sites that I do not receive a control channel signal, does the scanner skip over those P25 Favorites Lists it can't receive?

I notice on the Favorites Lists display at the top of the screen of the BCD436HP, as it scans them it doesn't follow through the Favorites Lists in numerical order. I do have all the Favorite's Lists programmed in numerical order within Sentinel. I have no "System" Quick Keys programmed, and no "Department" Quick Keys programmed.

I have Favorites Lists 14-20 turned on in Sentinel, and checked that these Favorites are turned on within the BCD436HP as well. It will start of Favorites List (14), then skip over some other Favorites Lists, and it doesn't display that it's scanning through all of them ,skipping over some.

First question: If Location Control is NOT on, the scanner will not skip over them. It will make an effort to detect a control channel. This is inefficient scanning, trying to listen to something it cannot hear and wasting good scanner time. If location control is on, then it will bypass stuff too far away. Your best option.

Second question: most likely this will be the order of creation if there are no quick keys involved. (Uniden scanners are "strange" when it comes to scanning order. Though I'm sure the engineers have their reasons.

Third Question: could be a location control on/off reason for that. Are the Quick Keys for these turned on or off (Quick Key Status in Sentinel, edit Profile, I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.