BCD436HP log?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardnNC

Premium Subscriber
It's there a log file on the scanner? As in... can you have the scanner create an internal log file so you can review what was picked up?

When I got the chance to program a 396xt, I really liked the log file you could record with freescan.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using Tapatalk 2

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Using the Discovery on trunked or conventional system will show Run Information.
The location info, range, the Database used, the system used, system type, site used, and other Session options. This is reviewed on the display and from a download to Sentinel.

It's on page 63 of the manual.

Last edited:

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
PL tone logging?

Logging has been a key component in my scanning also, and I'm concerned that the 436 can't do what Freescan and bcTool can on my old 496T. The internal recording is really nice, but I can't find any record of the PL/DPL tones that the scanner is picking up. I wish the scanner had a timeout function to prevent it from getting "stuck" on a frequency with continuous transmission.

Note that I'm not talking about Discovery of one system or range. I like logging a broad array of systems and frequency ranges so I can sort out the new hits at a later time. The more information that is logged, the more I can contribute to the DB.

Hit_Factor

I looked through all the files on the microSD card and did not find anything resembling a log.

I would really like to log radio id's to identify which department is talking on the trunk system in my county. Near as I can tell 30 or more PDs use one talkgroup.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
You may not be able to access the report file directly from the card, but you can import the discovery log to Sentinel however. here is a sample I ran for ten minutes:

Attachments

• Discovery.jpg
    Discovery.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 282

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin

Hit_Factor

I played around with the discovery. My mistake for thinking all I needed to do was in Sentinel. It's pretty much all on the scanner except for viewing the log. I also worked directly with the log files on the microSD card.

Looks like the detailed report is going to give me the radio id's needed.

Thanks for giving me a push in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.