BCD436Hp toggle attenuation on

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I can't figure out how to turn on the Att.per single frequency.
Read the online Manual and I press "Chan" to hold the Channel/frequency press Function Key and after that the # 4 Key and nothing.
What I'm missing ?
Thank you

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
BCD436HP toggle attenuation on

I can't figure out how to turn on the Att.per single frequency.
Read the online Manual and I press "Chan" to hold the Channel/frequency press Function Key and after that the # 4 Key and nothing.
What I'm missing ?
Thank you

Hold on the channel you would like the attenuation and push the function 'F' key and then the number 4. Make sure the letter F is in the upper left hand corner and don't press both buttons at the same time. If you would like global attenuation, push and hold the number 4 for three seconds.

You may also add the attenuation per channel using the Sentinel software.

SCPD

QRT
I can turn global Att on from the Screen but when I just press #4 I get an :Error" Beep and nothing happens.
I guess it only works in fav. list. When I turned off Monitor full Database I was able to turn it on.

Last edited:

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber

I can turn global Att on from the Screen but when I just press #4 I get an :Error" Beep and nothing happens.

Try this. While scanning, push the white button labeled 'CHAN' and then move the top 'scroll control' (sel/vol/sq) to the channel you would like the attenuation on. Next push the top button on the left side of the scanner and the 'F' will appear on the top left of the screen. Then press the number 4. The display should read "attenuation on". I just tried it on mine and it worked.

If that doesn't work for you, I guess you will have to use the software.

SCPD

QRT
When I only Scan my Favorite List I can turn Att on.
When I scan with Full database it does not work even the way you described
Thank you.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber

When I only Scan my Favorite List I can turn Att on.
When I scan with Full database it does not work even the way you described
Thank you.

I had no idea it wouldn't work using the full database. Thanks for letting me know. I will add that to my notes.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
The full database is protected from user changes.

On a favorite: From the manual page 56: Channel Attenuation - Press "Channel" to hold on the channel. Press Func then 4(ATT) to toggle Attenuation. Press Channel to resume. Global Attenuation - Press Channel to hold on any channel. Press Func then press and hold 4(ATT) to toggle Global Attenuation.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I should add however you can temporary or permanent "Avoid" a channel in the full database.

Status
Not open for further replies.