BCD536HP Headphone Related Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8CAM

RMA 47

Hi Paul,
Please cancel RMA 47 or reassign.
Checked Radio last night with 2 different headphone units and radio sounded fine, so I guess not all units exhibit this failure. I have not used the link to print the return label.
My Radio is serial# 375Z38002216 with a sum of 0E1.
I have owned over 20 Bearcat/Uniden scanner's in the last 40 years and very happy with your products.
Please reply that you received this info.

MusicAddict

No dealer has new fixed stock yet.I still have old stock and waiting for Uniden to handle the shipping back and exchange.
w.png

ah, have to waiting first for new one?

oldradios

A question about the headphone issue

I have one of the scanners with S/N <2600 (1439).

I am not sure if the noise on the front jack is significant to me.. I have trouble finding a conversation that lasts long enough to switch between headphones and speaker to compare. I find it useable though, so am inclined to not return it for this issue.

However, I have 2 questions that I wonder if they could be related, and I wanted to know if the correction will impact either of these..

1) I notice that to get a comfortable volume on the headphones, I need to raise the volume. If 10 was comfortable on speaker, I need to go to about 17 on the headphone jack.

2) If I plug in my ear-buds into the ext speaker jack, I do get a significant rushing/white noise. This is with the volume set to 0.

I also want to thank Upman and Uniden for their efforts to communicate fairly with us. (If you have not read the link at the bottom of Upman's posts, read it.. I think that is an excellent list for anyone who posts!) In particular, thank you for the gift of an extended warranty for the early purchasers of the 536!

George

DMSROX2

Today I received my 536 back from Uniden and other that the lousy way it was packed I couldn't be any happier. Upman and his team have one a first rate job in handling this problem in my opinion. My radio looks like new and seems to be operational perfect as well. Thanks Upman.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
As an aside:

UpMan, I'm a meticulous little scanner head. If you need some hardcore beta testing on Uniden's next scanner, I'm your man.

Most of these issues, I'd like to think. I would have caught before they went into production. There's analog and P25 signals in my area to test with. Keep me in mind! :)

buddywalker

Premium Subscriber
Response from Uniden CS

I logged in and asked the question several other members were wondering about. I have unit 0101 and can find no issues with the headphone jack, (or anything else for that matter). Scanner is mint and I'm reluctant to send it in when there is no real problem detected. I have the expensive Shure se846's and a cheap iPhone earphone. Both are crystal clear when listening to the audio on the 536. Here is the response I recieved back from Uniden CS. I could have sworn I read some pages back that Paul said any scanners in affected range would recieve the 3 yr. warranty, regardless if sent back, or not.

"Uniden Solution:
Thank you for using our system.
Unfortunately the radio would need to be replaced under the Headphone Campaign in order to be covered under the 3 year warranty".

Doesn't make sense to send in a perfectly good scanner and risk any shipping issues, just to get a sticker that says 3 yr. warranty. I suppose I'll just keep the one I have and take my chances after the standard 1 yr. warranty expires.

BigEvil

sorry. us scanner enthusiast get excited anytime anyone asks us for our serial number. (its the nerd version of being asked out)

buddywalker

Premium Subscriber
Uniden CS Response

Paul, my full SN is:375Z48000101. To answer the question posted above, I did not want to send it in, just checking if the 3 yr warranty would apply to my unit. I'm very satisfied with this scanner and have never had any warranty issues with Uniden models in the past. So what I was trying to say was I will not send in a perfectly good unit just to get the 3 yr. warranty. That's unnecessary work for Uniden and myself. However, the three year warranty would be nice to have.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Your unit is not subject to the campaign. It applies only to those with a serial number less than 38002600.

Status
Not open for further replies.