BCD536HP Location/Range Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtLarmy15

Let me first say that I am not going through the several thousand comments in the several different threads to see if someone else is having this problem...

I am new to location based scanning... I have the 536 with the Uniden GPS Hooked to it (upgraded from BCT15). I set everything up in Sentinel and am very happy with mostly everything I set up. I was unhappy with the range that I set for one of my systems so I went into it manually from the scanner and changed the range but it didn't start scanning the system.. so I set the range to 1000 miles and it still won't start scanning the system.... But if I use the range button (adding miles to every system) I can get it to turn back on.

I am wondering if anyone else has noticed the same and if so does anyone know how to fix it? I assume I can just pop the card out and go change the range in sentinel but I want to be able to change the range of the systems on the fly especially since I am not totally sure of the exact range of the several trunked systems I am listening to...

And to answer some expected questions yes I know my GPS Coords are correct because when I get into the originally defined range (that I set up in sentinel) the system comes on. Also I have tried to turn the scanner off and on again after making the changes in the system and it is still doing it (and the range that I manually input is still in the system). These are set up as FL and I am not using the main DB. I did try another system that I use the same GPS Coords for (same area) and I get the same results. I did update my firmware to the latest when I received my scanner tuesday.

Any ideas?

emtLarmy15

Just the site. Did not realize that the depts had their own location settings. Will look at it tonight and see if that fixes my issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.