bcd536hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapper1948

Premium Subscriber
Just received my new Bearcat scanner and I can't capture frequencies with 2 departments in Montreal, Canada. The 2 are the fire service and ambulance service. Both are p25 services. Right now I am running the stock antenna. Can someone please help me? Thank u.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Hi Zapper & welcome to the RR forums!
Looks to me like Montreal Fire operates here (SERAM). The only EMS talkgroup I'm seeing on the TRS is below. My guess is it's a unit-to-unit talkgroup
65045DCote-St-Luc Premier repondantEMS-Talk
Analog medical channels are encrypted P25 (and simplex, at that) so you won't be able to pick them up with any scanner

zapper1948

Premium Subscriber
Hi Zapper & welcome to the RR forums!
Looks to me like Montreal Fire operates here (SERAM). The only EMS talkgroup I'm seeing on the TRS is below. My guess is it's a unit-to-unit talkgroup
65045DCote-St-Luc Premier repondantEMS-Talk
Analog medical channels are encrypted P25 (and simplex, at that) so you won't be able to pick them up with any scanner
Ambulance service in Montreal is called in French Urgence Sante. I can't get this service yet with my new bcd536hp. Are they encrypted or am I doing something wrong? The same with the fire sevice.

zapper1948

Premium Subscriber
Craziest thing. I put my new Hg vertical base scanner antenna on a horizontal level and now I am getting the Montreal fire channels but only in the morning and many times the voice sounds like it is underwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.