BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Bcd536hp problem after update

n4anz

Newbie
Joined
May 7, 2012
Messages
45
Reaction score
4
Location
Hampshire TN
I have a Uniden BCD536HP scanner. I performed an update on the scanner last week, and since the update I have no longer been able to hear Vanderbilt LifeFlight. I was receiving Vanderbilt LifeFlight normally before the update, but I have not heard any of their transmissions since updating the scanner. I would like to know if something changed with the system, frequencies, talkgroups, or database information that could be causing this issue. Not sure what has happened Any help would be greatly appreciated
 

n4anz

Newbie
Joined
May 7, 2012
Messages
45
Reaction score
4
Location
Hampshire TN
Hi. Have you tried pushing your config to it again?
If I also forgot to mention that I have this configuration programmed into the sds200 also and I'm not hearing it on that scanner either when I was hearing it on both of them
 

Whiskey3JMC

Surfer of the Delaware Valley Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
10,801
Reaction score
9,543
Location
Simulcastylvania, TE
Last edited:

n4anz

Newbie
Joined
May 7, 2012
Messages
45
Reaction score
4
Location
Hampshire TN
I am not around the Sentinel softwares this time but I can do that later this afternoon for your question about the SDS 200 I also did an update on it
 

buddrousa

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 5, 2003
Messages
15,013
Reaction score
10,877
Location
Retired 40 Year Firefighter NW Tenn
Vandy has moved to the TACN Trunking System 100% they no longer use their old radio system.
Uses talkgroups 48250 and 50992. Conventional appears to no longer be in use (6/26)
This also has been discussed here in outer threads
 
Last edited:

n4anz

Newbie
Joined
May 7, 2012
Messages
45
Reaction score
4
Location
Hampshire TN
The TACN trucking system is what I was receiving to them on. once I did the update I no longer hear them on the 536 HP or the sds200
 

Enforcer52

Voice Of The Piney Woods
Feed Provider
Joined
Sep 4, 2023
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
1,476
Location
Lake Livingston, TX
Are you using Zip Code to scan with? Do you have a Favorite List setup? There was a massive update to the TACN system on Aug. 15, 2026.
 

n4anz

Newbie
Joined
May 7, 2012
Messages
45
Reaction score
4
Location
Hampshire TN

Attachments

  • TACN.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 7

Enforcer52

Voice Of The Piney Woods
Feed Provider
Joined
Sep 4, 2023
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
1,476
Location
Lake Livingston, TX
You are scanning 139 towers across TN and GA and who knows elsewhere, with 821 frequencies which include ALL frequencies on those towers. The majority of which are out of your range!

Do you realize just how long it takes to scan thru this list just ONCE!

Edit: There are only three TACN towers within 25-30 miles of Hampshire, and only one showing in Maury county. I would think you would need a good outside antenna, in your terrain, to reach any of them.

You need to cut it back to just the towers in your immediate area to start with. Just my first impression and opinion.......
 
Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
12,186
Reaction score
4,568
Location
Dallas, TX
Service types are all turned on and nothing is avoided
As Enforcer has noted, you have way too many sites in your list. You probably created that list by appending the system via Sentinel. During the append, you can carefully select only the departments you want, and append only them. But Sentinel will still append every site in a trunked system. No way around that.

You can either go through and delete the distant sites, or set them as Avoid (locked out). But, you can effectively trim down the excess by using location control. Set your list to use Location Control, and set your location, as well as a reasonable range, in your profile in Sentinel, then send the list to the scanner.
 

Enforcer52

Voice Of The Piney Woods
Feed Provider
Joined
Sep 4, 2023
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
1,476
Location
Lake Livingston, TX
Here is what your Favorite List should look like with Maury County TACN and all the TACN counties that surround Maury. Only the control channels are included, which is all you really need. I included the TGIDs that you had programmed in.

Towers reduced from 139 to 10, Frequencies from 821 to 18. So scanning will be much faster.

Download the MauryTACN file, unzip and use Sentinel to import the .hpe file. Then write to the scanner.

And then go and buy a copy of ProScan, much better programming software than Sentinel, and does tons more!

1788311980628.png
 

Attachments

  • MauryTACN.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Top