bcd996p2 usb help

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricemt

Premium Subscriber
hello
I purchased a bcd996p2, I am worming on a windows 7 laptop, I downloaded free scan and the serial driver for the usb, when I plug in scanner wire it shows up as the port in the device manager but will not download, I tried the test and keep failing,

what am I missing, please help

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Click on Com Port Setup on the menu Doc posted. The link to that is via the Control Scanner option on the drop-down Scanner menu.
Once you select that, you'll get this screen:

On that one, click the button labeled "Start Auto".
If the scanner is connected to the PC via the cable, and you loaded the Serial Port driver successfully, FreeSCAN will find the correct port to use.

When you downloaded the Serial Port driver, which is compressed (zipped), did you then extract the files onto your PC?
Is the port you see in the Device Manager working? Or do you see a yellow exclamation mark, indicating it's not working correctly?

electricemt

Premium Subscriber
thanks for the inout, I tried all the above, still won't work, the device manager shows not installed correctly.

is there a certain serial port driver for the Uniden or any one will work?

thanks in advance

Bob1955

hello
I purchased a bcd996p2, I am worming on a windows 7 laptop, I downloaded free scan and the serial driver for the usb, when I plug in scanner wire it shows up as the port in the device manager but will not download, I tried the test and keep failing,

what am I missing, please help
Hi electricemt- I'm not that far from you in Stratford, CT in fact, I have the same scanner. If you pm me, I will give you my cell number, then look at my computer for the BCD-996P2 program and software update. it is too hard to text it to you.

Bob (Westchester County, NY)

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
thanks for the inout, I tried all the above, still won't work, the device manager shows not installed correctly.

is there a certain serial port driver for the Uniden or any one will work?

thanks in advance
You can find the link to the driver towards the bottom of this page.

Be sure and follow all of the installation instructions.
Download the file
Unzip the file so that it's contents are usable by the scanner.
Then, in the Device Manager, right click on the port that is showing issues (the one the scanner is trying to connect to).
You'll see something like this:
Select Update the Driver
You'll get this:

The PC will search your hard drive & find the correct USB driver that you downloaded & unzipped

Status
Not open for further replies.