BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zambman1

I have the bcd996p2 when listening to audio I only get part of the audio. It starts ok for about 20 seconds and pauses for 2 to 3 seconds then continues. It does through the whole conversation and on every channel. Any ideas on what would cause this. The squelch in as low as it can go without causing the channel to freeze. Thanks for any help

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you may have Priority enabled. or Close Call.

Check for Priority,
Weather Priority,
and Close Call. Any one of these enabled will cause a brief interruption in what your hearing, every x number of seconds.

See this page & check the items mentioned:

ScubaJungle

Yeah, I had no idea refurbs, returns, and scratch and dent Unidens were on Amazon.
Amazon warehouse is the best for this stuff - I got my x436 from them too, for almost $350 new.
If a buyer returns something, even if they never opened it, they have to put it there. Great way to find good sales. Its too bad the SDSs arent on there..yet.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Amazon warehouse is the best for this stuff - I got my x436 from them too, for almost $350 new.
If a buyer returns something, even if they never opened it, they have to put it there. Great way to find good sales. Its too bad the SDSs arent on there..yet.
Thats pretty good considering some places have increased their scanner prices through the roof. I saw same radio selling for almost $500 online from somewhere. I am tempted to buy another for if/when I get my truck. Thinking of having it custom installed in-dash. Wife & I discussing a replacement vehicle to use for kayak trips and I suggested a pickup. We've been using either my Hyundai Tucson or her Plymouth Vibe for hauling 2 kayaks. Both cars getting old. So we might look into it pretty soon. I'd like to have scanner in my vehicle. Right now I am using a small 100 channel analog Bearcat built-in dash. Works pretty good with Larsen 2m/440 ham mag mount.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Bob the 996P2 list price has always been $499.99
Most sellers have only raised the price from $339.99 to $379.99 thats only $40.00
I do not see that as through the roof when the price of gasoline went from .99 per gallon to 1.99 per gallon in 4 weeks.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Bob the 996P2 list price has always been $499.99
Most sellers have only raised the price from $339.99 to $379.99 thats only $40.00
I do not see that as through the roof when the price of gasoline went from .99 per gallon to 1.99 per gallon in 4 weeks.
Sorry my mistake it was the BCT15X on some flakey website...

Status
Not open for further replies.