BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland28988

Hi Everyone
Not sure if this is the right post as I am new to the forums . I need a bit of assistance from your wisdom. I have bought a BCD996XT. Went through the process of using freescan and loading the trunked banks and the conventional few I wanted. Unfortunately I do not hear anything the radio scans all of the banks but never stops on anything. The only way I can get it to even make a noise is to hold a specific channel and then turn the squelch to zero then I get static

any Ida what I did or didnt do ?
any suggestions would help to get this new toy working

Thanks
dude28988

SCPD

QRT
on

First make sure the radio works,try to receive NOAA weather on 162.550 or do a weather scan,if ok then:
Make sure you press 1,2,3,4,5,etc and turn On your quick keys.past 9 its . and 10,.11.12 etc . (DOT -1-0 ,etc) while its scanning

If you assigned each town or department to a quick key then if you didnt turn em on then you wont hear anything my friend.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Beyond general tips, it is impossible to be very specific without knowing the actual system(s) you are trying to monitor.

tilt404

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you assigned the systems/sites you programmed in to a quick key on the scanner also. If you didn't the scanner won't know what to scan since no key will be connected to a site/system. I make that mistake sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.