BCT-15 squelch tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

trunker

Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
376
Reaction score
36
Location
Colorado
I currently own a BR330T and I'm thinking about getting a BCT15 but am wondering if the squelch tail is any better than the 330. I get a horrible 'chop' at the end of every transmission with the 330, not the nice 'click' I get with my Pro 97.

Also, has anyone noticed that the 97 picks up Mil air better than the Unidens? My 330 doesn't pick up half the stuff my 97 does (with the same antenna).
 

safetyobc

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
3,354
Reaction score
34
Location
South Arkansas
I have a BCT15 and NEVER hear a squelch tail whatsoever.

But I had a BR330T and don't remember hearing one on it either.
 

jehm1212

Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
263
Reaction score
0
Location
Hanover County, VA
I've noticed that Uniden's newest generation of scanners (396, 330, 996) seem to mute the squelch tails of DPL much more reliably than PL.
 

JRichard

Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2005
Messages
118
Reaction score
0
Location
Miramichi, NB, Canada
Good point. I have noticed that when using DCS on my BCT-15 there is very little, if any, squelch tail but using CTCSS it's a different story, the squelch tail is noticeable.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top