BCT-8 issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5KVV

I'm having a bit of trouble with my BCT-8. I don't know if someone got in my truck & started pushing buttons or what.

General info:
Everything is VHF.
In "PVT" mode. I have two banks active, both with 50 freq.'s each.
No "State" mode. Straight private mode. No trunking or 800 meg.
Priority "PRI" is OFF.

Problem is, I can hear my local PD on all 100 channels. The channel indicator & the freq. counter read....lets say the next town over's PD, but its my local PD coming thru loud & clear. Now lets say next town over PD & my local PD are talking at the same time, they walk on each other. Is this a priority issue? I was thinking it might be something with the priority scan, but im pretty sure I have all the priority stuff turned off.

Let me know what you guys think or what I should check. I ordered this scanner in late 03' for right around $400 bucks. It's worked flawless until now.

10-2

W5KVV

It does not change channels. You can hear both at once if hey're both on the air at the same time. Lets say I have it on HOLD on 161.220. If the local PD keys up, mobile or base, I can hear them (155.715) on 161.220..

Im wondering if it could be an issue with my PD's repeater bleeding all over the place...?

RICHPERK

Premium Subscriber
The worst scanner I have ever bought, did the frirmware update and the uhf band is offset .125 mhz, sounds like getting bleed over.

W5KVV

This scaner has been trouble free for me. In the last 9 years, its been turned off for maybe 15 minuets. It's been beat to death in my mobile since new & never been updated in any way.

I contacted one of the guys from the club & it's the PD's machine splattering all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.