BCT15X: Bct15x connection issues

pyrotaz68

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Location
Clinton, Maine
Have an issue with my Bct15x, this started the other day my scanner will pick up channels, but I get no sound. I can play around with the squelch and hear the static but not radio traffic. Every so often an alert will come thru, and I will get the alert sound and no radio traffic, I have tried 2 antennas and reset and reprogrammed it.
 

pyrotaz68

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Location
Clinton, Maine
Plugged a headset in typed in went to a weather station 162.400 and played around with the squelch and still nothing. I did find out that the cats did knock it of the stand it is one. My son found it on the floor about a 2 1/2 drop. Thinking it maybe be fried.
 
  • Like
Reactions: wtp

WA0CBW

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2011
Messages
1,749
Reaction score
262
Location
Shawnee Kansas (Kansas City)
If you can "hear" static then it isnt a headphone jack problem. Check to see if the antenna or the antenna jack to the circuit board has broken.
 
  • Like
Reactions: wtp

pyrotaz68

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Location
Clinton, Maine
Something I noticed is that when the antenna is plugged in i get a full-strength signal bar, when unplugged it goes to zero, so I don't think it's an issue with the antenna jack.
 

Quint-1-29

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Messages
63
Reaction score
8
Location
South Central, PA
I had a similar issue and the fix for me was plugging just the tip in (while a channel was receiving) wiggle around till it talks again and it's been working since.
 
Top