BCT15X HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIERIKII

Hello all, very new to scanners and looking for some help. Im trying to program my bct15x for cresa vancouver wa. I am using the freescan software and using the database on this website. I am getting nothing from the scanner after setup. heres some info to use to try and help. thank you

this is what ive done step by step in freescan
1.created new system set as mot type II / p25
2.under site setup tab i set the site type as mot custom/reband type ll
3.in system band plan i input this..... 851.0250 854.0000 440 + 25 kHz 851.0125 868.9875 0 + 25 kHz
4.in trunk frequencies i used ezgrab to copy paste system frequencies
5.created groups and used ezgrab to input system talk groups
6. set system to id scan and set quick key,named system and groups
7.saved file and uploaded programming

i think that was it...also clark county wa went to encrypted a while ago but i should still get cresa fire,ems,public transportation ect??

IIERIKII

Double check whether that scanner can do Phase II

The rest of your steps look good.
TrunkTracker III Technology
This Uniden scanner can track Motorola Type I 800, Motorola Type II 800, 900, UHF, VHF (including rebanded 800 MHz systems), EDACS Wide (standard), Narrow, SCAT (including systems that use an EDACS System Key), and LTR

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
TrunkTracker III Technology
This Uniden scanner can track Motorola Type I 800, Motorola Type II 800, 900, UHF, VHF (including rebanded 800 MHz systems), EDACS Wide (standard), Narrow, SCAT (including systems that use an EDACS System Key), and LTR

You may be confusing Motorola Type II with Phase II, They are 2 entirely different things.

As doctordialtone points out above, the BCT15X is an analog only scanner. It can not monitor any digital formats.

1.created new system set as mot type II / p25

P25 is a digital format.

IIERIKII

Acording to this website the cresa that im trying to program is motorola type ll smartzone analog.

IIERIKII

The scanner does phase ll, so there is an old phase ll and a new phase ll? And this scanner will not do new phase ll? Thank you

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
The scanner does phase ll, so there is an old phase ll and a new phase ll? And this scanner will not do new phase ll? Thank you

If your scanner is a BCT15X made by Uniden, it is a Phase 1 only, analog only scanner. As has been mentioned a few times here now, the BTC15X can not monitor phase II systems. It can not monitor digital systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.