BCT15X Programming Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Progline

Premium Subscriber
I'm a GRE user, so am schooled in Don Starr's excellent software, but a friend of mine just got a BCT15X. It will eventually wind up providing a feed here, replacing an ancient BC590XLT.

What is the best software to use to set the radio up? I am not sure if the software is just used for programming or operating as well.....He will be using the Radio Ref streaming software for providing stream audio AND he wants to stream the alpha tags as well.

Any suggestions for software compatible with the above needs?

Thanks in advance!

KE5BCP

Analog Man
I'm a GRE user, so am schooled in Don Starr's excellent software, but a friend of mine just got a BCT15X. It will eventually wind up providing a feed here, replacing an ancient BC590XLT.

What is the best software to use to set the radio up? I am not sure if the software is just used for programming or operating as well.....He will be using the Radio Ref streaming software for providing stream audio AND he wants to stream the alpha tags as well.

Any suggestions for software compatible with the above needs?

Thanks in advance!

Always look to the Wiki:
BCT15X - The RadioReference Wiki

Progline

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. I did. Why, I even checked Google.

I saw 7 alternatives in the Wiki. My original question was 'what was THE BEST'.

Does anyone else have any input? I'm not sure if anyone is streaming a BCT15X yet. Looks like front-panel programming is fairly time-consuming (at least it is on the GREs).

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Software

Thank you. I did. Why, I even checked Google.

I saw 7 alternatives in the Wiki. My original question was 'what was THE BEST'.

Does anyone else have any input? I'm not sure if anyone is streaming a BCT15X yet. Looks like front-panel programming is fairly time-consuming (at least it is on the GREs).

BEST is iffy..... Tell him to try FREESCAN after all it's "FREE"

K7CAR

FreeScan works well for a basic program and is Free. I also use ProScan and it's the best of the pay programs by far.

I use freescan and really like it, and like others mentioned its free. I believe Proscan offers a free 30 day trial, I tried both, and freescan does everything I need for my BCT-15x.

Progline

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys! I remember back in the day I think the BuTel was the only game in town, so this is news to us. I'll pass it along, and hopefully the scanner will be on line here shortly!

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Butel

Thanks guys! I remember back in the day I think the BuTel was the only game in town, so this is news to us. I'll pass it along, and hopefully the scanner will be on line here shortly!

I have FREESCAN, PROSCAN, ARC996, and ARC XT. I use them all, the one thing I like about ARC in the CLICK and DRAG QUICK KEY selection. Makes it so much easier to know which KEY is assigned to what on SYSTEMS and GROUPS. The thing I don't like about ARC is everytime you upload to the scanner everything becomes ACTIVE where as FREESCAN only leaves active what you had selected. For example, if I had SYS 1,3,5 active loaded the scanner memory to FREESCAN and edited things and reloaded it to the scanner the same systems would be active as before. ARC would make ALL systems active, makes me go in and shut off the ones I had OFF before.

KC9LVX Evansville, In and Henderson, KY feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.