BCT15X trunking issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
I have setup my BCT15X for 800mhz trunking, works fine... except one issue.

In some areas, the scanner does not re-scan after the channel clears. It gets 'stuck' on whatever frequency was last used in a talkgroup, so I then start hearing traffic from other conversations (in other talkgroups). If I hit hold/scan twice, it starts scanning again. It does not always do this, and it seems to occur in one geographical area.

I do have a 2 sec hold on the talkgroup, but I would assume this would hold to talkgroup, not frequency.

Any ideas?

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber

I looked at that, I have it set to 'ignore', not using Motorola end code. I do not hear any loud end-of-conversation noise. When it gets stuck, I just hear light background static until some other conversation kicks in. I guess I can experiment with it for a day or two.

W6KRU

I looked at that, I have it set to 'ignore', not using Motorola end code. I do not hear any loud end-of-conversation noise. When it gets stuck, I just hear light background static until some other conversation kicks in. I guess I can experiment with it for a day or two.

I'm not sure that you would actually hear the Endcode. I don't hear one on my local system but I know it's there. I don't know what kind of system you are listening to so I would try the Analog+Digital first.

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure that you would actually hear the Endcode. I don't hear one on my local system but I know it's there. I don't know what kind of system you are listening to so I would try the Analog+Digital first.

I'm listing to Utah UCAN system. I will repogram with endocde enabled, let you know how it goes.

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber

That seemed to have done the trick... at least so far so good. Thanks. (I was getting this pretty often, maybe 10 times on my 30 mile ride home, once I set the Motorola End Code = enabled, I had zero stuck channels).

Status
Not open for further replies.