BCT8 SOFTWARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

robecit

Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I have a bct8 that I really enjoy but im looking for CHEEEEEP programing software for it. I also have a pro 95 that I can program from my pc useing win95 that works great. Is there anything similar that I can prog. the bct8 with?
thanks
ROB
 

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Joined
Jul 22, 2002
Messages
25,908
Reaction score
2,596
Location
Bowie, Md.
Both BuTel's ARC8 and Scan Control work with the BCT8 and they're not that expensive. If you're just looking for programming control (not full PC control), Scan Control Lite is a good choice . Scancat Lite Plus does support the BCT8 now. All 3 have Yahoo support groups.

In fact, I've written reviews of both Scancat Lite Plus and Scan Control lite. They do utilize earlier versions of the software, using different radios, but the basic concept, and the ability to get an idea of how the software works, is very much intact. They are posted on the popular Strong Signals website:

Scan Control Lite review

Scancat Lite Plus review

As has been written before, unlike the BCT8, full PC control of the PRO95 cannot be done since it's not in the firmware. It's also worth stressing that if you get Scancat Lite Plus, ignore the National Communications subscription to their database; it's badly out of date, virtually worthless. Better to copy/paste data from this website, or your local Yahoo scanner group.

73s Mike
 

garys

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
6,702
Reaction score
1,721
Location
Central Texas
You don't need to make one, you can buy one. What you are looking for is a DB9 male to DB9 female serial cable.

This is the type of thing you are looking for,

http://tinyurl.com/c3gyc


Gary
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top