Beck Cabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Security for the CTV building is (I think) Intercon. Just because they are contracted doesn't mean they aren't using the client's radios. Where I work, the security staff use the client's radios on an 800MHz frequency as opposed to frequencies the security company use for alarm response and such.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
CTV security is on VHF but not 152.9000Mhz.

I have a friend that has worked there for many years. He's confirmed the frequency.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I know :) I was just stating that where I am, they're 800MHz...in response to the post earlier that said security isn't on the client's frequency... I have the Agincourt one around here somewhere. I seem to remember 154.470 or something like that. I'll get it next time I'm up there.

mciupa

Mike_Oxlong said:
Have ( you ) recently monitored CTV on 152.090Mhz? I had heard they had moved to Fleetcom.

Mike , as a follow-up . I was listening to 152.090 between 5:50 pm and 6:10 pm.
There was a feed of the Dr.Phil show running (running without the seven second delay , compared to the CFTO broadcast.)
At 6 pm , the CTV News came on and there was a live feed report by Desmond Brown concerning the status of the Gardiner Expressway.
Once this live link was aired , the freq. went quiet.
I would suggest that members here (within monitoring range) pay attention to the 6 pm CTV newcasts and see if this freq is used for" live-eye" sort of purpose :cool:

Last edited:

jellotor

Hmm...it could be used for program IFB to the trucks...did you just hear program audio or director/producer cues as well? I may have already mentioned this, but our trucks use a combination of a Gentner-style phone interconnect and/or IFB through the vertical interval of the video signal. I suppose there's nothing stopping anyone from just using a VHF frequency to do the same...as long as it's licensed.

mciupa

jellotor said:
Hmm...it could be used for program IFB to the trucks...did you just hear program audio or director/producer cues as well?

No "behind the scenes" talk whatsoever. Hope some one else gives a listen at noon or six, if they happen to go to a location , just to confirm what I heard.:)

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
mciupa said:
Mike , as a follow-up . I was listening to 152.090 between 5:50 pm and 6:10 pm.
There was a feed of the Dr.Phil show running (running without the seven second delay , compared to the CFTO broadcast.)
At 6 pm , the CTV News came on and there was a live feed report by Desmond Brown concerning the status of the Gardiner Expressway.
Once this live link was aired , the freq. went quiet.
I would suggest that members here (within monitoring range) pay attention to the 6 pm CTV newcasts and see if this freq is used for" live-eye" sort of purpose

Thats why when your scanner is computer controllable it doesn't hurt to leave it on and logging for days on end...Searching and logging, you will find stuff that is being...AGAIN or STILL...

Thank you, Mike for taking the short time to listen to the frequency...and hearing something.

-Don

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
Wiz-Kid said:
Data terminal.

Might be a situation that they run data on the frequency and TX voice as well with the PL muting out the audio on the voice radios during data transmission.

DaveH

ocscan said:
Might be a situation that they run data on the frequency and TX voice as well with the PL muting out the audio on the voice radios during data transmission.

Like FEDEX... on 850MHz.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.