Bergen County 700MHz Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
The old Nike Site, off Pulis Ave.

Unless you're saying the same thing and I'm misunderstanding, negative. It's been confirmed to be at Saddle Ridge Riding Center as shown on the license.

41.04356, -74.20053 (41°02'36.8"N 74°12'01.9"W)

Unless you're saying the same thing and I'm misunderstanding, negative. It's been confirmed to be at Saddle Ridge Riding Center as shown on the license.

41.04356, -74.20053 (41°02'36.8"N 74°12'01.9"W)
Same location. The site where the Saddle Ridge Riding Stable is now located used to be a Nike Air Defense Missile site from 1955-1971. See link below.

N2NHL

I just saw TG1020 come up. It sounds like a simulcast of the Garfield EMS 2 VHF frequency. I monitor this on the VHF side usually and it seems to be a dispatch channel rather than the EMS-Tac that's listed in the database.

Anybody else catch it?

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
I just saw TG1020 come up. It sounds like a simulcast of the Garfield EMS 2 VHF frequency. I monitor this on the VHF side usually and it seems to be a dispatch channel rather than the EMS-Tac that's listed in the database.

Anybody else catch it?

TGID 1020 is (as far as I am still aware since I last saw a county radio) EMS Response 3 which was used by Lodi. I do remember hearing them on the VHF repeater and the county TRS for dispatch, however I’m pretty sure the initial dispatch was the only one being simulcasted. I think FD does the same. I haven’t seen Lodi stuff in a while so I could be dead wrong FYI.

jaymatt1978

This is based on listening to other 700MHz systems and just review some notes but could EMS Response 3 be used as a general patch channel? Meaning it could simulcast "any channel" and you just caught it on Garfield at that particular time? I've seen this done with other systems. Might be helpful to do some more listening before submitting it to the database

TGID 1020 is (as far as I am still aware since I last saw a county radio) EMS Response 3 which was used by Lodi. I do remember hearing them on the VHF repeater and the county TRS for dispatch, however I’m pretty sure the initial dispatch was the only one being simulcasted. I think FD does the same. I haven’t seen Lodi stuff in a while so I could be dead wrong FYI.

N2NHL

I'll add some more confusion that I can't figure out. Prior to seeing TG1020 last night, I did notice that the Garfield VHF EMS 2 frequency would simulcast - and I use that loosely - on TG1012, which is listed as Lodi & Ridgefield EMS.

I always found that partnership strange, since geographically, Lodi and Ridgefield are separated by several towns and the Hackensack River.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
I'll add some more confusion that I can't figure out. Prior to seeing TG1020 last night, I did notice that the Garfield VHF EMS 2 frequency would simulcast - and I use that loosely - on TG1012, which is listed as Lodi & Ridgefield EMS.

I always found that partnership strange, since geographically, Lodi and Ridgefield are separated by several towns and the Hackensack River.

Lodi uses that same frequency for tone outs with a PL, I’ve also seen that PL listed in Garfield’s radio plan years ago. I’ll set my SDS on the County TRS and another scanner in Garfield and Lodi’s conventional channels. I’m gonna send you a PM also.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
So far it seems PD DISP 6 Midland Park/Wyckoff is the only PD dispatch simulcasting at this time? I have had wildcard enabled on the 668 and heard nothing else. I have a theory as to why MP and Wyckoff is the only one, but not gonna public state it. If you want more info pm me.

Alarmguy

Premium Subscriber
This is based on listening to other 700MHz systems and just review some notes but could EMS Response 3 be used as a general patch channel? Meaning it could simulcast "any channel" and you just caught it on Garfield at that particular time? I've seen this done with other systems. Might be helpful to do some more listening before submitting it to the database
No, otherwise you would probably hear EMS OPS 4 from Midland Park and Wyckoff EMS. The only Patch active on The UHF P25 is 154.2800 Countywide Fireground.

N2NHL

Lodi uses that same frequency for tone outs with a PL, I’ve also seen that PL listed in Garfield’s radio plan years ago. I’ll set my SDS on the County TRS and another scanner in Garfield and Lodi’s conventional channels. I’m gonna send you a PM also.

I just heard the same "simulcast" again this morning, but now on TG1018.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Subsite Update:

Alpine (Armstrong) - Not On Air
Carlstadt (Maple Ave) - Not On Air
Fort Lee (Palisade) - Not On Air (Was, Is No Longer)

Franklin Lakes (Saddle Ridge) - On Air
Hackensack (HUMC) - Not On Air
Mahwah (Stag Hill) - On Air
Paramus (New Bridge) - On Air

Alarmguy

Premium Subscriber
Heard Wyckoff Fire Tones come over Talkgroup 91 (Fire Dispatch in the database)
, then Palisades Park FD test later on. Fire Coordinators and 1017 Response 4 For NORCON are patched were active during a Mutual Aid Fire in Mahwah this afternoon. Not hearing MP/Wyckoff PDs on 1206 anymore over 700. Reception for me is better on 700 vs UHF System.

Alarmguy

Premium Subscriber
Subsite Update:

Alpine (Armstrong) - Not On Air
Carlstadt (Maple Ave) - Not On Air
Fort Lee (Palisade) - Not On Air (Was, Is No Longer)

Franklin Lakes (Saddle Ridge) - On Air
Hackensack (HUMC) - Not On Air
Mahwah (Stag Hill) - On Air
Paramus (New Bridge) - On Air
I thought Alpine was the Boyscout Camp Tower and not Armstrong Tower?

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
I thought Alpine was the Boyscout Camp Tower and not Armstrong Tower?
Correct, site is not on the Armstrong tower.

So noted....but. The license is self contradictory on that fact. The text location is the Boy Scout Camp water tower, but the coordinates are dead center on top of the Armstrong Tower.

1602122862417.png

1602122899011.png

1602123062245.png

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
No changes. Carlstadt, Hackensack, and Alpine are all still quiet for the moment. And Fort Lee is still off the air.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
With all the work lil brother and ex pat have done I felt compelled to at least give a signal report.

Pretty decent signal on Site 3 here, not crushing but usable at -115db.

I assume it is Stag Hill which is 32 miles to the NE for me. Status quo as noted.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
With all the work lil brother and ex pat have done I felt compelled to at least give a signal report.

Pretty decent signal on Site 3 here, not crushing but usable at -115db.

I assume it is Stag Hill which is 32 miles to the NE for me. Status quo as noted.

Sean reports no observable changes to the last report.

Status
Not open for further replies.