Mikep9

Hey Guys,

can anyone provide information about Beverly Hills Police Department callsigns (service identification letters if applicable), radio codes and procedures?

I am familiar with LAPD, LASD, CHP, RSO, etc. communications and expect BHPD to be heavily influenced by the two big departments in Los Angeles County, from what I found so far they also refer to "Adam" and "Lincoln" units.

The department manual was easily found online, but for whatever reason I was unable to find any communications documentation.

I'd be thankful for any help.

resnickm

👨‍💻 📡 🚑
Premium Subscriber
BHPD is fully encrypted. Forgive me if I am overlooking something, but I am not sure what any of that information you mentioned would be worth in the absence of any clear radio to listen to.

Mikep9

I understand BHPD is encrypted, but so is RSO. I need the information for a project of mine and thought before I try to FOIA it I'll ask here.
Just because the frequencies are encrypted doesn't necessarily mean the communication procedures are secret.

resnickm

👨‍💻 📡 🚑
Premium Subscriber
Ah, that makes sense, wish I could help. Good luck with your project - hope you find what you need without too much of a headache!

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
There’s usually nothing secret about call signs. Before you hit them with a FOIA, call them, tell them what you’re working on, and see what you get….

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
From what I recall they were pretty generic like other departments.

Lincoln = single person unit
Adam= two person unit
Mary = motor officer
David = detectives
Zebra = canine (at times I've also heard simply as K9-1, K9-2 etc)
Sam = sergent
WC = watch commander
TCO = traffic control officer