Blanchester/Marion Twp on Warren County MARCS Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

diana8

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I am located in Blanchester in Clinton County (Uniden BCD396T with 800 MHz Duckie) and I was wondering if anyone knows if Blanchester PD/Marion Twp EMS/Fire, and local Clinton County Sheriff's talk groups on MARCS work on the Warren County Tower Site in Butlerville?

The reason I ask, is that I'm not hearing much for the Blanchester area on MARCS, but I'm picking Warren County talkgroups up like a champ, which make sense since Blanchester is located closer to the Warren County Site in Butlerville, then it is to the closest Clinton County Site in Clarksville.

I'm wondering if I should go through the trouble of programming some of the local Clinton County Talkgroups on the Warren County site or if I'm just out of luck trying to listen to Blanchester as the signal is just too weak.

Thanks.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Yes, the Warren County Simulcast site is a good catch-all for Brown, Clinton, Greene and Hamilton counties. Butlerville is not a stand alone site, all of Warren County is simulcast across their various tower sites, so just program in the control channel for Warren County.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using Tapatalk

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
You can try and program the Warren County site into your scanner but the only way you'll hear any Clinton County units or Blanchester for that matter is if there radio's affiliate with the Warren County site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diana8

Premium Subscriber
You can try and program the Warren County site into your scanner but the only way you'll hear any Clinton County units or Blanchester for that matter is if there radio's affiliate with the Warren County site.

Yes, That is the exact question I was asking especially since Blanchester sits in the very most southwestern corner of Clinton County (abutted by Warren, Clermont and Brown Counties) making the Warren County Site the closest one to the town.

Which if I understand correctly from the response above that appears to be the case for not only for some radios in Clinton County but for some others in several other counties (Brown, Greene, Hamilton) too. The one county that is not mentioned is Clermont, does anyone know about that one?

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Yes it goes back to my earlier post if a Clermont County radio affiliates with the Warren County site you'll hear that talkgroup on the Warren County site if not you won't hear it.

nrf

I have done some logging of the warren county system with pro86comm. you will find quite a bit of traffic on there that is not literally from the county. 14BLN and 14 wilmington and other '14's were spotted quite a bit over 3 days of logging.

diana8

Premium Subscriber
I have done some logging of the warren county system with pro86comm. you will find quite a bit of traffic on there that is not literally from the county. 14BLN and 14 wilmington and other '14's were spotted quite a bit over 3 days of logging.

Thanks for the confirmation, I was wondering if some of the Clinton County radios were affiliated with the Warren site, given that Blanchester is right in the corner of Clinton County and that mailing address spans into 4 different counties (Clinton, Warren, Clermont, and Brown).

nrf

where is the tower in that area? I don't see it listed on warren county's license, leaving an apparent gaping coverage hole in that corner of the county

diana8

Premium Subscriber
where is the tower in that area? I don't see it listed on warren county's license, leaving an apparent gaping coverage hole in that corner of the county

I believe in Butlerville (somewhere on SR123 is what I thought I saw perhaps the Harlan Twp secondary firehouse?) which makes sense since I can pick Warren county up like a champ in Blanchester. Whereas Clinton County whose nearest tower is Clarksville isn't as great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
I believe in Butlerville (somewhere on SR123 is what I thought I saw perhaps the Harlan Twp secondary firehouse?) which makes sense since I can pick Warren county up like a champ in Blanchester. Whereas Clinton County whose nearest tower is Clarksville isn't as great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Warren County refers to that tower as Blackhawk and yes it's located behind the Harlan Twp station on 123.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber

Look under license WQRQ369 and you will see the address 7400 ST RT 123 right behind the Harlan Twp Blackhawk station.

nrf

thanks. I guess you have to be near that tower to see that callsign.
I wonder why those two towers ended up with a different license?

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber

Those were new towers added for there switch to the IP system. They didn't exist on the old analog system. So perhaps they had to get a new license for them. That's also why the Lebanon and Washington Twp sites are under a different license as they were previously owned by the State but Warren County took over ownership of those sites when they moved to the IP system.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber

Just do an FCC search for Warren County and you should be able to pull up all there licenses which will show the locations of the sites on the license.

nrf

true, just curious why I have to go to at least two maps to see what the simulcast system looks like in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.