Bloomfield NJ Help

Jeffreypelier

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,

I found all my old analog scanners and discovered that they do not work in Bloomfield, NJ---bummer. After researching the digital NJICS system I decided to purchase 2 rtl-sdr's. I set them up in sdr trunk and they seem to be working. I am receiving a lot of traffic on them(NJSP, HMH, Jemstar....etc. I setup an alias list and filtered out just Bloomfield which I have been receiving but at times it goes dead. I set up the Passaic site, receive some Bloomfield traffic but then it goes dead, like they are not transmitting anymore. I set up the West Orange site and I think I am receiving more traffic on that site but then that goes dead like they are not transmitting. I keep switching both sites-- so stop monitoring one and start monitoring the other and same thing happens I hear some traffic for Bloomfield but then it stops. My question is do I need to get another rtl-sdr to dedicate to one of the sites so I can pick up all the traffic from WO and Passaic or is this normal? I am super confused, thank you for the help.

markjrenna

Yes, unfortunately, your experience is the same as mine. I have 2 Unications. One is Site 1. The other is Site 17. Sometimes traffic is on only one site and sometimes it's on both. You never know which and when. So two units.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
If there is no subscriber registered to that site and affiliated to that talkgroup, then it won't pass traffic. Unless its set at the system level to pass on both sites.

markjrenna

If there is no subscriber registered to that site and affiliated to that talkgroup, then it won't pass traffic. Unless its set at the system level to pass on both sites.
FYI... Many Essex County agencies are on both 1 and 17.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
FYI... Many Essex County agencies are on both 1 and 17.
Indicating that at that time they have subscribers (mobiles/portables/bases) currently affiliating to that site or system level permissions for the talkgroup to be available on both sites as APX said. But unless a knowledgeable person is willing (and legally able) to divulge which agencies have those permissions, one should be ready for the TG to time out for lack affiliations on a site at any moment.

And if I'm wrong, GTR and APX will point it out, and I thank them for that.