Bloomington Dispatch Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubn

Database Admin
I had the chance to listen to the new Bloomington Dispatch Center (id’s as “dispatch”, ex. ‘Adam 1 from Dispatch’) for the first time over the July 4th weekend. I heard them dispatching BPD and BFD.

Who now dispatches the Proactive units on BPD 2 453.925: are the Paul units dispatched by Bloomington Dispatch or still dispatched by METCOM?

EF Johnson system update…

Neither Normal Fire nor Bloomington Fire is using the EF Johnson LTR TRS for any radio traffic anymore. BFD is using simplex on 154.160 (97.4). Bloomington Fire is toned out using a sequence of DTMF tones on 154.160. Normal Fire is toned out over Starcom TG 30372. NFD rigs have mobile extenders on 159.0525 (100.0) output/153.8975 (100.0) input.

As of 7/3/06, the only users of the EF Johnson system are Bloomington Public Works and the 453.700 County EMA simulcast.

daleduke17

When you were listening, was Dispatch sounding staticy? I live about two miles from their dispatch center and it was sounding pretty bad on 154.160. When BFD comes into my work for groceries, their radios sound horrible as well (work is only two blocks away).

BPD sounds pretty good, however.

cubn

Database Admin
daleduke17 said:
When you were listening, was Dispatch sounding staticy? I live about two miles from their dispatch center and it was sounding pretty bad on 154.160. When BFD comes into my work for groceries, their radios sound horrible as well (work is only two blocks away)..

I was in Bloomington in the Brandtville area (Famous Daves, Grady's Pizza) on S Veterans Pky and the dispatch side had a good signal when I was using a handheld scanner with VHF antenna. When I was on N Veterans Pky in Normal, the signal is weaker like you described. I'm surprised BFD's radios sounded bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.