Blue-12-dispatch Los Angeles county fire

KE6HHM

Premium Subscriber
l Notice blue-12 fire dispatch been quiet for the last two days.
does anyone know want frequency there move to?
l live in Santa Clarita valley

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
l Notice blue-12 fire dispatch been quiet for the last two days.
Over the weekend I was hearing bits of rather strange sounding audio on Blue 12. My desk radio was in scan mode, so I'd hear a few second of audio and then the radio would scan to other channels. Some of the audio sounded like a talking GPS unit and I initially thought it was either a stuck mic or a jammer.

When I locked the radio on Blue 12 and listened for a few minutes, I realized it was "Harvard" sentences used for testing. Here's a link to a previous RR topic that explains things: Strange phrases being repeated on LASD A-TAC?.

Over the weekend I was hearing bits of rather strange sounding audio on Blue 12. My desk radio was in scan mode, so I'd hear a few second of audio and then the radio would scan to other channels. Some of the audio sounded like a talking GPS unit and I initially thought it was either a stuck mic or a jammer.

When I locked the radio on Blue 12 and listened for a few minutes, I realized it was "Harvard" sentences used for testing. Here's a link to a previous RR topic that explains things: Strange phrases being repeated on LASD A-TAC?.

That is the bleed over from LAC V-4 onto Blue 12. You’ll hear the same sentences full quieting if you have both channels up side by side.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
From what I can hear in northern OC, there is continuous carrier on V-4 with Harvard sentences being repeated twice each. The first instance of each sentence is also being multi-cast on BLUE-12, which drops carrier in between sentences. I didn't hear the second instance anywhere on the UHF channels from here.

monitor142

Motorola has coverage teams roaming the county using their mapping and other test equipment checking coverage. Medium level of activity seen on the Motorola Engineering T/G 37 on RICS for this activity.