Boone County Fire Dispatch

kr19

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
52
Reaction score
10
Location
Indianapolis, IN 46268
I have family in Boone County so I occasionally listen when I visit. What’s the difference between 08 ALERT and 08 FIRE OPS? They both seem to be for initial dispatches. Does one serve a different purpose than the other?
 

scannerboy02

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
2,166
Reaction score
670
08 ALERT is intended to be the dispatch channel and 08 FIRE OPS is intended to be used for communication between dispatch and field units. Boone Center (the dispatch center) has both channels multi selected so you will hear the dispatcher on both channels but will only hear the field units on the ops channel.
 

kr19

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
52
Reaction score
10
Location
Indianapolis, IN 46268
08 ALERT is intended to be the dispatch channel and 08 FIRE OPS is intended to be used for communication between dispatch and field units. Boone Center (the dispatch center) has both channels multi selected so you will hear the dispatcher on both channels but will only hear the field units on the ops channel.
Thanks a lot, I appreciate the info!
 
Top