Bosque County

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkt78

I have two digital scanners, both were programmed for Bosque County. All of my stuff on both scanners got deleted. trying to program one of them but can’t find the TGID for Bosque County s Sheriff's Office. help!

N5XPM

The database appears to indicate the Bosque SO is VHF P25 conventional.
This should be straight forward to program in many P25 digital capable scanners.
What model are you using?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have two digital scanners, both were programmed for Bosque County. All of my stuff on both scanners got deleted. trying to program one of them but can’t find the TGID for Bosque County s Sheriff's Office. help!
As others have noted, Bosque uses conventional frequencies, not a trunked system.

What model scanner(s) do you have?

kkt78

right now i am working on my Uniden BCD396XT. the only bit of info i can’t seem to find, but i think i need for the P25 programming is the TGID. Unless i am missing it when i look in the database.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
right now i am working on my Uniden BCD396XT. the only bit of info i can’t seem to find, but i think i need for the P25 programming is the TGID. Unless i am missing it when i look in the database.
The only listed P25 (digital) entries on the Bosque County database page are for conventional (non-trunked) channels for the Sheriff's Office dispatch, and county fire dispatch. These not trunked system entries, and there are no talkgroups used. For your 396XT, program these as conventional channels, set audio to digital, and also enter the listed NAC codes for each frequency.

What model is your other scanner? And, if you are using software, which program?

kkt78

:p
The only listed P25 (digital) entries on the Bosque County database page are for conventional (non-trunked) channels for the Sheriff's Office dispatch, and county fire dispatch. These not trunked system entries, and there are no talkgroups used. For your 396XT, program these as conventional channels, set audio to digital, and also enter the listed NAC codes for each frequency.

What model is your other scanner? And, if you are using software, which program?
It’s a home patrol and when I first programmed it I used the sentinel software. I have to get a new antenna for the home patrol first though. I broke it off from the inside so I’m not sure yet.
About the other, thanks soooooooo much. You explained in such a way I grasped it finally! Lol. I’m about to go home and listen to my scanner , finally! Been a void in my life

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
:p
It’s a home patrol and when I first programmed it I used the sentinel software. I have to get a new antenna for the home patrol first though. I broke it off from the inside so I’m not sure yet.
About the other, thanks soooooooo much. You explained in such a way I grasped it finally! Lol. I’m about to go home and listen to my scanner , finally! Been a void in my life
For your HP-1, after you get it repaired, you would need to set up the frequencies in a Favorites list in Sentinel. You could also use the main database and location to scan with the HP-1. However, unless you purchased the Extreme Upgrade, you cannot add or edit channels and Favorites lists through the scanner's menu.

Did you break off the SMA connector in the scanner itself? If so, you might be better off sending it to Uniden for repair.

kkt78

For your HP-1, after you get it repaired, you would need to set up the frequencies in a Favorites list in Sentinel. You could also use the main database and location to scan with the HP-1. However, unless you purchased the Extreme Upgrade, you cannot add or edit channels and Favorites lists through the scanner's menu.

Did you break off the SMA connector in the scanner itself? If so, you might be better off sending it to Uniden for repair.

kkt78

Ok one more question... I think! When programming the conventional P25 stuff into the scanner- I noticed there are 2 frequencies in the database for those .... input frequency and just “frequency”. Which do I use? One of those is kinda hidden unless I click on it , on bosque county.

N5XPM

Ok one more question... I think! When programming the conventional P25 stuff into the scanner- I noticed there are 2 frequencies in the database for those .... input frequency and just “frequency”. Which do I use? One of those is kinda hidden unless I click on it , on bosque county.

The "frequency" is the most important one (on the left) as this is the repeater output and heard over the widest area. The "input" is from the mobile users to the repeater and much weaker in most areas. You will hear the same radio traffic on both, but the signal is usually stronger on the first frequency.

kkt78

Are there anymore settings that are necessary for me to change? I can’t get it back working and I’m at a dead end on why.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Are there anymore settings that are necessary for me to change? I can’t get it back working and I’m at a dead end on why.
You cannot receive Bosque on your 396xt?

Are you using software to program the scanner? If so, which one?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Looking at what the county is licensed for, the database page includes most of the ones that are authorized. As far as public safety goes, the only ones not showing on the page are five 800MHz frequencies that are part of the National Interoperability group. Look at the ones on the NIFOG page in the 800MHz National Mutual Aid section. Most all of the counties and/or larger cities are licensed for those as well. But they would only be used in case of some sort of catastrophic incident, where units from other ares are deployed.

For your scanner that is not picking up any activity (I presume you are referring to your 396XT, since the Home Patrol scanner has a broken antenna), can you hear anything at all, on other frequencies? Try one of the weather radio frequencies.
Using the menu on the scanner, scroll down to Wx Operations and press E/enter to select it.
On the next menu, select Weather Scan by pressing E
The scanner will then scan through all the weather office frequencies and stop when it receives one. If you do not hear any of the weather stations, check to make sure your squelch is not set too high. And double check your antenna. Is it the original one? If you have a different one, try it as well.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I hear Bosque county almost every time I travel through that county. I have heard activity on both P25 conventional frequencies.

kkt78

I assume you’re using a gps connected to the scanner? Not sure how that works or else I would do that.@ensnared

kkt78

Looking at what the county is licensed for, the database page includes most of the ones that are authorized. As far as public safety goes, the only ones not showing on the page are five 800MHz frequencies that are part of the National Interoperability group. Look at the ones on the NIFOG page in the 800MHz National Mutual Aid section. Most all of the counties and/or larger cities are licensed for those as well. But they would only be used in case of some sort of catastrophic incident, where units from other ares are deployed.

For your scanner that is not picking up any activity (I presume you are referring to your 396XT, since the Home Patrol scanner has a broken antenna), can you hear anything at all, on other frequencies? Try one of the weather radio frequencies.
View attachment 88342
Using the menu on the scanner, scroll down to Wx Operations and press E/enter to select it.
The scanner will then scan through all the weather office frequencies and stop when it receives one. If you do not hear any of the weather stations, check to make sure your squelch is not set too high. And double check your antenna. Is it the original one? If you have a different one, try it as well.

kkt78

View attachment 88342
Ok! I’m about to try that!!
and also, I can almost hear them talking on the ones I programmed- just too muchstatic and I checked to squelchbut didn’t help

Status
Not open for further replies.