Boulder County Fires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve2003

Boulder County currently working 2 wildland fires & a drowning. Lots of good monitoring on Red-1 today. Also, Loveland FD is working one of the fires as well (on Loveland Fire Talkgroup 3).

M

mpg0515

Steve2003 said:
Boulder County currently working 2 wildland fires & a drowning. Lots of good monitoring on Red-1 today. Also, Loveland FD is working one of the fires as well (on Loveland Fire Talkgroup 3).

Loveland has TG-3 patched with FERN-1 for anyone that doesn't have DTRS.... Sounds like the winds are really kicking this fire up. SEAT enroute as of this post. You are sure right there Steve, the monitoring is great this afternoon

They are calling this the Blue Mountain Fire (Larimer County) I know that as Steve mentioned there are a couple more South into Boulder County....

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Within the last hour, it sounded as Boulder Co. had 3-4 working and the dispatchers were getting overloaded.

Steve2003

1 of the fires is contained. About 1 1/2 acres, caused by lightning strike. Spring Gulch still fighting...

RISC777

The Arapahoe 'in the water' individual - last I heard CPR was in progress. CPR was unsuccessful?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Steve2003 said:
Pridemark just went in-service on a Code Black. I am assuming this is the drowning.

That was the person that has an unsuccessful tubing trip down Boulder Creek this afternoon.

Jim<

Last edited:

RISC777

jimmnn said:
That was the person that has an unsuccessful tubing trip down Boulder Creek this afternoon.

Jim<
(CBS4) BOULDER, Colo. A man who went tubing in Boulder Creek with friends died early Sunday evening.

The incident happened on the east end of the city of Boulder near Arapahoe and the county line.

The group of friends apparently hit a rough spot on the creek and lost a couple of tubes, authorities told CBS4. Soon after, they realized the man was missing.

Emergency crews performed CPR on the victim to no avail.

The name of the victim has not been released.

Boulder Creek is a popular place for tubing with teens and college students in Boulder. Most tube down the creek in inflated car tire tubes.

Steve2003

And I was thinking about doing some tubing down the creek earlier this week... Good thing I did not have any time!

epbernstein

datainmotion said:
Within the last hour, it sounded as Boulder Co. had 3-4 working and the dispatchers were getting overloaded.

I thought the dispatcher did a nice job managing a half-dozen resource intensive incidents.

RISC777

epbernstein said:
I thought the dispatcher did a nice job managing a half-dozen resource intensive incidents.
I agree.

Boulder's dispatchers have always handled their jobs pretty to very well.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Lightning strikes from a passing thunderstorm are believed responsible for igniting several small wildland fires in western Boulder County late Sunday afternoon. Firefighters from several area fire departments found themselves busy responding to six separate fires and a number of smoke reports:

- A tree fire in the 2500 block of James Canyon Drive southeast of Jamestown was fully contained by 7:00 p.m. A United States Forest Service crew was on-site

- The “Cal-Wood Fire” at the Cal-Wood Ranch, 2300 block of County Road 87, north of Jamestown, burned approximately 1.5 acres of brush and grassland. It was contained and mop-up operations were in progress as of 8:00 p.m.

- A small brush fire near 400 Whispering Pines Drive off of Sugarloaf west of Boulder was quickly contained and extinguished by 6:20 p.m.

- A small brush fire near 33700 Gold Lake Road east of Ward was contained and was being mopped up by firefighters from the Indian Peaks Fire Protection District as of 7:30 p.m..

- The Blue Mountain fire northeast of Lyons near the Larimer/Boulder County Line consumed an estimated five acres of brush and grass. It was located on Boulder County Parks and Open Space Land at Rabbit Mountain and necessitated the closures of the park Sunday afternoon to facilitate firefighting traffic. A single-engine air tanker made one drop on the blaze. It was 50% contained as of 8:00 p.m.; firefighters from Berthoud, Lyons, Hygiene and Boulder County Parks and Open Space responded.

- An estimated 25 firefighters from the Lefthand Fire Protection District and adjacent fire departments responded to deal with a fire in Spring Gulch, approximately 11 miles up Lefthand Canyon from US Hwy 36. The fire had burned approximately 2-3 acres by 8:00 p.m. and was entirely on United State Forest Service property. It was 90% contained; air resources were requested to assist with fighting the fire.

Firefighters also responded to smoke reports on Caribou Road near Nederland and at the Bunce School Road/Hwy 7 intersection south of Allenspark; fortunately, those reports proved to be unfounded.

cstockmyer

Boulder is kind of quiet tonight compared to last night...I hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.