Brand new scanner Pro-106 install

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotNJohnny

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,

It took me a year but I finally purchased a Pro-106 for my Father. I used the ARC software and downloaded the file (Thank You RadioReference for posting the videos).

All seemed to have went well but I am getting all static. I am located in Morris County NJ and that is the file I downloaded. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

rotNJohnny

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for replying. With the purchase of the USB cable, you get the software trial and 2 free downloads (which, in my ignorance, I've blown through already).

I've deleted what I downloaded and kept it simple with the data you provided. I copied and pasted 2 frequencies, uploaded to scanner but now get "nothing enabled" on the scanner. Really appreciate any guidance here to get me up and running. I'm fairly technical but not an expert. Though if I can't get it programmed, no way Pops is going to (82 year old Vet).

rotNJohnny

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Guys. Sky, I had it going then I blew it up again. Going to go with Highpocket's suggestion and try Win500.

High, I remember you from last year when I first posted, Pop's in Leisure Village and I know you're nearby.
Really appreciate you guys taking the time. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, can I also ask for a file for the Manchester area? That's ultimately what will be programmed on this box.

Update: OK guys, I have WIN500 installed successfully.

Last edited:

Highpockets

Thanks Guys. Sky, I had it going then I blew it up again. Going to go with Highpocket's suggestion and try Win500.

High, I remember you from last year when I first posted, Pop's in Leisure Village and I know you're nearby.
Really appreciate you guys taking the time. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, can I also ask for a file for the Manchester area? That's ultimately what will be programmed on this box.

Give me a few minutes and I'll attach a file for Morris Cty and Ocean County. Just remember when you upload a file to the scanner it over-writes what is in the scanner. Usually you try to have everything in one file that you want in your scanner. Read up on V-Folders, you may use that in one way or the other.

Highpockets

Here are the files, you can add to, edit or delete whatever you need to. Unzip to the Win500 directory, use the open command in Win500 to open a file.

Last edited:

rotNJohnny

Premium Subscriber
I just spent the last two hours understanding the guide. Completely understand the concept of V-folders now. Figured I'd take baby steps and only load the Morris County file. Not sure what I got going on though. The device is scanning but I don't get anything. I can see all the different groups in the software, and I can see the different groups come up in the display on the device, but just static. There's gotta be someone talking out there :)

I also got all the PMs. I'm gonna guess that's an inside joke you guys play on a newbie? ; )

Highpockets

I just spent the last two hours understanding the guide. Completely understand the concept of V-folders now. Figured I'd take baby steps and only load the Morris County file. Not sure what I got going on though. The device is scanning but I don't get anything. I can see all the different groups in the software, and I can see the different groups come up in the display on the device, but just static. There's gotta be someone talking out there :)

I also got all the PMs. I'm gonna guess that's an inside joke you guys play on a newbie? ; )

Check the Squlch, mine is about 11 o'clock.

If you hit the WX button do you hear the weather?

Last edited:

rotNJohnny

Premium Subscriber
Mr. Highpockets,

You, Sir, are the man. Thank You so much, I am Happy and part embarassed. Once I set the sqelch at 11:00, bingo! I'm getting all sorts of chatter. The weather is a no-go but you know what? I certainly can deal with that one.

Thanks again for your time and help,

RNJ

PS I'll be joining full time very soon...

Highpockets

Mr. Highpockets,

You, Sir, are the man. Thank You so much, I am Happy and part embarassed. Once I set the sqelch at 11:00, bingo! I'm getting all sorts of chatter. The weather is a no-go but you know what? I certainly can deal with that one.

Thanks again for your time and help,

RNJ

PS I'll be joining full time very soon...

You think your happy, I am more then you, I was driving myself nuts trying to figure that out. I'm glad it works and I hope your dad enjoys the unit. Now I have to hit the rack, I'm done! :D

rotNJohnny

Premium Subscriber
Highpockets, Merry Christmas. Any chance you can post the Ocean County zip file again?

Thanks.

rotNJohnny

Premium Subscriber
Highpockets,

That's several times now that you've helped me. Very much appreciated, Sir. File received and uploaded. Pops is happier than a pig in.....

Thanks again for your help.

rotNJohnny

Premium Subscriber
Highpockets,

Sorry to be a pain....do you get Manchester PD on your scanner? I see it listed in the file you posted but we can't seem to get anything. Manchester and Lakehurst are the closest thing to my Dad.

PS I upgraded to being a premium member if that helps me any ;)

Highpockets

Highpockets,

Sorry to be a pain....do you get Manchester PD on your scanner? I see it listed in the file you posted but we can't seem to get anything. Manchester and Lakehurst are the closest thing to my Dad.

PS I upgraded to being a premium member if that helps me any ;)

I sent you an answer to this regarding the PM you sent. Read the PM and get back to me.

He'll recieve Lakehurst on the Ocean County Trunked system, on the Dispatch Central Talk Group.

Status
Not open for further replies.