Brick PD Channel 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

I have a dilemna and I'm hoping someone can provide some sort of an answer. I live in Brick Twp. There are two repeater frequencies the PD uses regularly, 453.050 (Channel 1 Dispatch), and 453.150 (Channel 4 Talkaround). Up until a few weeks ago I was receiving both of them, no problem, on my BC898T, hooked up to an outside discone antenna. However, I can no longer receive Channel 4 on the output frequency (453.150), but I can receive the units talking to dispatch on the input frequency (458.150), but nothing from dispatch, which I assume is normal for the input frequency. If I unhook the outside antenna and use the base antenna, I can receive it fine on the output, 453.150. They just finished upgrading their communications center, and it seemed to start happening then, however I don't know if this would have any bearing on it or not. I am still receiving all of the other frequencies fine, including the agencies as far south as Long Beach Island, and as far north as Red Bank, Middletown and Keyport, so I've kind of ruled out any problems with the antenna. I'm totally baffled. Anyone have any ideas what could have happened?

Last edited:

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Is it possible that the upgrade included increasing the power on the output frequency? If so, then it could be overdriving your scanner which has the same effect as making it totally deaf. You can try attenuating the scanner and seeing if the comms drop back in.

In the town I use to live in they had repeater locations for different channels at different locations in town. The one that was closer to me would sometimes sound extremely fuzzy because it was too close and would overdrive my scanner.

Russell

Joseph11

I have the same exact problem here in Beachwood. With my outside discone hooked up, I would get Brick Police-4 just barely (most of the times, not at all) but using the stock rubber duck antenna included with my scanner, I would get it weak but at all times. They might be doing some work on it, this happened to me a couple weeks ago with Brick Fire-1 but now I get it clearly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.