Bristol Fire Channel 2 and Channel 3

trp2525

Last week I heard the Bristol Fire Chief direct all units that were operating at a particular incident to go to "channel 2." Today (08-09-2024) I heard the Bristol Fire Chief direct all units that were operating at a particular incident to go to "channel 3." Both of these situations occurred while there were multiple fire/rescue calls in progress so I'm guessing this was an attempt by the Chief to keep the main dispatch channel (154.1450 with PL 114.8) clear for other dispatches.

I'm thinking that channel 2 and channel 3 are possibly simplex fire ground channels but I have no data to back that up. There is nothing listed in the Radio Reference Database regarding any fire ground channels (simplex or otherwise) for Bristol Fire. Anyone have any further information on these channels 2 and 3 that are being mentioned on the main Bristol Fire dispatch channel?

trp2525

Here is the FCC license. They do show 154.280 and 153.950 and maybe a couple of FG channels.
154.2800 (CSQ) was the old Rhode Island Fire Intercity channel which has now moved over to RISCON Talkgroup 2 (aka Wide Area 1).

153.9500 was the old East Bay Fire which was shared by Barrington Fire, Bristol Fire and Warren Fire many years ago. Barrington Fire currently uses 153.9500 with a PL of 167.9 in simplex mode.

I was able to track down the channel numbers, frequencies and PL information that I was looking for in my post #1 above from someone "in-the-know." Unfortunately I am not authorized to share the information that I obtained.

wa1lad

RISCON TG2 is known as FD INTERCITY (was FORMERLY known as Widearea 1, renamed over 5 years ago)

Nascar18

Premium Subscriber
The only other thing could be more Riscon Bristol FD Tg's.
We do know Tg 1744 which is patched to the Vhf main channel . A lot of Riscon fire departments do show a main Tg with additional FG talkgroups .