Broken Arrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
So I get some time off from work and I'm sitting here working on some projects and notice a lack of certain radio traffic. So I shut off some banks and there is currently only BAPD/Wagoner link running on the Edacs system. With all the recent testing, I imagine that BA has finally switched to the Open Sky system. Bixby is still going Edacs strong, but BA is gone. I will have to try the Open Sky freqs to see if I get anything there later on.

Bustergrn

BA went OS a month ago with all of the PD and Fire channels. The OS is encrypted. Bixby has purchased the gear for OS and Wagoner County is in the process of purchasing OS gear. This time next year, both Bixby and Wagoner County will be on OS.

peterjmag

I think there is a confusion on OS not being monitored by any scanner verses actual encryption. OS is a proprietary digital format that is not able to be scanned by any scanner where encryption is an actual algorithm used to ensure secure and private comms for example AES and DES etc. I doubt the new equipment is actually "encrypted' but rather just not scan able due to the format that OS is.

Status
Not open for further replies.