Broward County P25 (997.BEE00)

mikeycpa

The main feed for Broward County Sheriff has gone offline. Did that move to digital also? Thanks.

Ezra

From my radio I'm still receiving BCSO on analog. Weston, Hallandale, Lauderhill Lakes, Tac, Deerfield, Fire, all have activity this morning. Not sure about the feed.

mikeycpa

Thanks. I’m using iPhone apps and Broadcastify which I’ve always used and not seeing that channel. I only see a BSO Pompano with zero listeners and no activity.

mikeycpa

It was Broward County Law Enforcement and covered most of the Broward County Sheriff cities and usually had 30-35 listeners is now gone from analog. The same happened for Hollywood a few years ago.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
It was Broward County Law Enforcement and covered most of the Broward County Sheriff cities and usually had 30-35 listeners is now gone from analog. The same happened for Hollywood a few years ago.

That is false. Broward County is still on their old Motorola analog system; they have not moved to digital.

mikeycpa

It’s TRUE for the IPhone apps I’ve been using that always had it and no longer do which was on every app that was available. They all had it previously and they’re scanning all available channels.

Gmork

Sounds like the previous host probably stopped hosting the feed. It has nothing to do with any system changes. You can always purchase your own scanner and customize it for your needs.

mikeycpa

Thanks for the info appreciate it. Do I need to buy a digital scanner? Also, the City of Hollywood where I live went digital and I would like to listen to that also.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info appreciate it. Do I need to buy a digital scanner? Also, the City of Hollywood where I live went digital and I would like to listen to that also.

Right now, Broward County is still using their old Motorola analog system, but they will be moving to a P25 phase 2 system in the next few months. So yes, a P25 phase 2 capable scanner would be a good idea. Coral Springs, Plantation, and Fort Lauderdale are already using P25.

Hubfla

Hi, new to this site/forum. I currently own a Uniden HP1. I reside in Deerfleld Beach, and mostly listen to BSO. Will I have to buy a new scanner when the county switches over to P25 phase 2 and if so, what is recommended. Thanks for any help

Hubfla

Right now, Broward County is still using their old Motorola analog system, but they will be moving to a P25 phase 2 system in the next few months. So yes, a P25 phase 2 capable scanner would be a good idea. Coral Springs, Plantation, and Fort Lauderdale are already using P25.
Hi, new to this site/forum. I currently own a Uniden HP1. I reside in Deerfleld Beach, and mostly listen to BSO. Will I have to buy a new scanner when the county switches over to P25 phase 2 and if so, what is recommended. Thanks for any help

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Yes, when they change to P25 Phase 2, you will need a new scanner. The Uniden HP2 will work; if you like using the HP1 then you are already familiar with its operation. Also the Uniden BCD325P2, the SDS100 and SDS200, the BCD996P2, BC436HP, as well as several models from Whistler. Any one of these would be adequate, but if money is not a factor I would suggest the SDS100 or SDS200.

Hubfla

Yes, when they change to P25 Phase 2, you will need a new scanner. The Uniden HP2 will work; if you like using the HP1 then you are already familiar with its operation. Also the Uniden BCD325P2, the SDS100 and SDS200, the BCD996P2, BC436HP, as well as several models from Whistler. Any one of these would be adequate, but if money is not a factor I would suggest the SDS100 or SDS200.
Thank you so much....I've had my eye on the SDS100. Do you have any idea when the county is switching over to Phase 2?

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
Countywide P25 is years away. It is incumbent on everybody getting on board and paying. The Coral Springs/Fort Lauderdale/Plantation P25 Phase II system is still the only one. There are NO PLANS for "everyday every unit encryption". Just keeping SWAT/NARCS and some other odd PD Tac Channels Encrypted. All the "studies and disputes" readily available online. Here is a link to the "PLAN" below.

Hubfla

Countywide P25 is years away. It is incumbent on everybody getting on board and paying. The Coral Springs/Fort Lauderdale/Plantation P25 Phase II system is still the only one. There are NO PLANS for "everyday every unit encryption". Just keeping SWAT/NARCS and some other odd PD Tac Channels Encrypted. All the "studies and disputes" readily available online. Here is a link to the "PLAN" below.
Thank you!