• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

BT & Charging

Cactus2

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if it’s possible with a charger for the G4 if you can charge it and turn on the Bluetooth at the same time, in order to have it send to a Bluetooth device and be charged. I know the larger amplified charger will not allow it to be on & be transmitting Bluetooth. Does anybody know if the simple charger will Allow that?

GILLIG40

Premium Subscriber
I have the amplified charger for my G4. I use a Bluetooth adapter connected to the audio out. The audio with this setup has more volume and clearer than anything I can achieve with the Unication Bluetooth. As far as I’m concerned the Unication Bluetooth is the only negative thing I’ve found with the devices.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
Yes you can, I taped over one of the pin outs and it works, can't remember which one but it works. I believe it's the audio out or charger detect? It has been a while, but just a tiny piece of electrical tape. Experiment

1710975110063.jpeg

picscan

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if it’s possible with a charger for the G4 if you can charge it and turn on the Bluetooth at the same time, in order to have it send to a Bluetooth device and be charged. I know the larger amplified charger will not allow it to be on & be transmitting Bluetooth. Does anybody know if the simple charger will Allow that?
I just tested it, works with charger programmer detect pin covered with tape.

Cactus2

Premium Subscriber
Picscan, Thank you so much for this tip. It does work. Really Great. I am curious How you found this trick to try. Thanks again.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
Picscan, Thank you so much for this tip. It does work. Really Great. I am curious How you found this trick to try. Thanks again.
You're welcome. I think just by reading around and experimenting. All I had near me was duct tape so I did it hastily. You might have to remove it for programming but I never program it in the cradle anyway. I cannot take credit for the diagram, I found it in the forum.

1711034903631.jpeg

Last edited:

Cactus2

Premium Subscriber
You're welcome. I think just by reading around and experimenting. All I had near me was duct tape so I did it hastily. You might have to remove it for programming but I never program it in the cradle anyway. I cannot take credit for the diagram, I found it in the forum.

View attachment 158786
Thank you so much it worked perfectly and it serve the purpose that I’ve been so desiring, makes my G4 so much more usable in handy.

Cactus2

Premium Subscriber
Thank you so much it worked perfectly and it serve the purpose that I’ve been so desiring, makes my G4 so much more usable in handy.
Another quick question, do you know if it would also work on just a simple non-amplified drop in charger from Unication. Do you know if it has similar contacts to the bottom of the pager, therefore the same mod would work?

picscan

Premium Subscriber
Another quick question, do you know if it would also work on just a simple non-amplified drop in charger from Unication. Do you know if it has similar contacts to the bottom of the pager, therefore the same mod would work?
Yes, it works on my non amplified Unication charger.