Busy Toronto Police freqs ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingzogofalbania

Premium Subscriber
I have my scanner set up so it listens to one Toronto police freq at 861.437500 and its called TPS HQ5.
Ive tuned in the other HQs and other freqs, but they seems totally quiet.
I would have thought in a city the size of Toronto there'd be a constant flurry of police cars radioing back and forth and to their various HQs.
Are there other freqs that are busy, or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

VE3RADIO

I have my scanner set up so it listens to one Toronto police freq at 861.437500 and its called TPS HQ5.
Ive tuned in the other HQs and other freqs, but they seems totally quiet.
I would have thought in a city the size of Toronto there'd be a constant flurry of police cars radioing back and forth and to their various HQs.
Are there other freqs that are busy, or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

The Toronto Police, Fire and EMS operate on the cities Motorola Trunk system. HQ5 is a repeater that broadcasts the 52 division talkgroup as it gets better reception in the subway system.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
they are rarly used other then the 5HQ thats basically just a rebroadcast as WZ1 stated.

But sometimes good to have in the scanner in case something does ever come up on them in an emergency or something else

gopherit

What i have done with one of my 346 scanners is programme all the Div talk groups and the Specialty groups in the south zone then copied it and put it into 2 other Banks.just changed the control channel to the tower s. I scan South East & North . west is to far for me to get at times. this gives me full coverage Did the same thing with another 346 only for Fire. I do not miss to much that way...

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.