AR-DV1 Butel ARC DV1 software (Basic Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swman

We attempted to communicate directly with Gommert on this, but he gave no reply so will try here for answers and input.

Purchased the full version of the ARC DV1 software “Basic Version”. Only desired software to program the radio (not for any CAT operation). Using the latest version 1.2 build 01 and the AR-DV1 has the latest V1812A firmware installed.

First thing I noticed was the USB driver that Butel includes (located in the program directory after installation) are WRONG ! They include the “ftdi” ones here and of course as all AR-DV1 owners know, it uses the Silicon Labs one.

Here is the question I have concern. The Butel ARC DV1 “basic” software allows settings in the SAL and SAH modes for IF bandwidths of 3.8, 5.5 AND 8 KHz. Of course the receiver allow allows for only 3.8 and 5.5 KHz. Now wouldn’t be nice if AOR allowed 8 KHz bandwidth in the SAL and SAH modes, as the 2 provided are just too narrow to be of any use.

Next is with the LSB and USB modes, the ARC DV1 software allows IF bandwidth settings of 1.8, 2.6 AND 3 KHz. Here the actual receiver only allows 1.8 and 2.6 KHz. Again it would be excellent IF the receiver had a 3 KHz bandwidth for LSB and USB.

Has anyone tried to load these 2 wider unofficial bandwidth settings Butel have given in the software and actually works? Or does the receiver just lock up / errors out or just defaults to the widest bandwidth AOR allows ?

Thanks,
swman

swman

Gommert did get back to us and he told me that these bugs will be fixed in future versions. So be sure and avoid the "non valid" bandwidth selections.

swman

swman

(one additional observation to add to this)

I also noticed that the possible 15 KHz bandwidth selection in the "AM mode" is also missing with the ARC DV1 software.

swman

"Many Thanks" Gommert,

However, as I type this neither new 1.3 version (Basic or Pro) is able to be downloaded from the web site (no files are available). So a little web page bug.

Butel ARC DV1 Download Page

swman

swman

UPDATE : Just as I finished typing this message, the "Basic" 1.3 version became available. So just bad timing I guess.

swman

NEW BUG (or one I missed before) : When DOWNLOADING FROM the receiver TO the program most of the "bandwidth setting" data gets lost (is blank-missing). If one always just UPLOADS TO the receiver with data entered into the software (never downloads), then this is not going to be a problem.

swman

swman

I have now done a number of radio downloads after the first try where the bandwidth data was missing (on SW frequencies) . The program has been just fine now (no lost data). Was fluke on the first attempt I guess ?

So it goes to say if any data is missing after , just do the download again.

swman

I noticed that version 1.3 Build 002 was available in early June. Unknown what changes / improvements were made ?

Butel STILL includes the wrong USB driver with the software. AR-DV1 owners all know it uses the "silicon labs" driver (NOT ftdi).

swman

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I noticed that version 1.3 Build 002 was available in early June. Unknown what changes / improvements were made ?

Butel STILL includes the wrong USB driver with the software. AR-DV1 owners all know it uses the "silicon labs" driver (NOT ftdi).

swman

I don't ever recall Butel supplying any USB drivers for the AR-DV1 or any other scanner for that matter.

swman

Yes, they do. Are located in the "Program Files (x86) > BuTel > ARCDV1" directory AFTER installation.

driver.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.