Byers Ambulance sweep away, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Wow, that explains all the traffic I was hearing on the Byers DTR channel this morning! I almost thought they were working a special SAR-type call, but I didn't understand why I would be hearing SAR traffic on an EMS channel. Now it all makes sense!!

MikeyB

The video showing the ambulance is crazy. It's almost completely covered and the back door is wide open, so water is getting into the patient area. That's got to be a complete loss.

Was the Byers unit transferring to a Morgan County unit to go to the hospital or vice versa (reading the news reports as always doesn't make it clear but I'd imagine Morgan County was going to pick up the patient to take to the hospital in either Brush or Fort Morgan.

Anybody know if someone is lending an ambulance to Byers until they get a new one?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
The video showing the ambulance is crazy. It's almost completely covered and the back door is wide open, so water is getting into the patient area. That's got to be a complete loss.

Was the Byers unit transferring to a Morgan County unit to go to the hospital or vice versa (reading the news reports as always doesn't make it clear but I'd imagine Morgan County was going to pick up the patient to take to the hospital in either Brush or Fort Morgan.

Anybody know if someone is lending an ambulance to Byers until they get a new one?

Byers was transferring to Morgan County ambulance near the county line for transport to Ft Morgan, something they do pretty often to keep the limited supply of volunteer EMT's available in Eastern Arap County.

Jim<

04Z1V6

Sorry some one needs to say it. Rule #1 for EMS first responder: The rescuer should never become the ones needing rescued. They should have been better then too put those people in that ambulance in that kind of danger. It was a unneeded risk and they should be retrained.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Update: Strasburg Amb-82 was loaned to the Byers fire protection dist for the next few months for EMS response.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.