you might find for a project i'm working on. If anyone could help me
I would appreciate it.

Thank You

Attachments

• pg-5a  PLUG.jpg
    pg-5a PLUG.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 985

n0nhp

Short of ordering the whole cable assembly from Kenwood, I can't find the header connector right off. a substitute might be:
https://www.adafruit.com/products/266
At least to get you started.
It's a bunch easier finding the PS2 plug for the other end. I have a whole stack of keyboards in the junk box with those :)

Bruce

n5ims

The Kenwood PG-5A comes from the factory with the black connector on one side (similar to the PS-2 keyboard connector N0NHP indicated in their post) and bare wires on the other end. This would indicate that the connector you're asking about was put there by somebody after it was originally purchased so it could be pretty much anything.

Since the PG-5A is a data cable, I suspect that this is an interface connector for a packet radio TNC. These are often standard five-pin TTL, "DIN Header" or "pin and socket" connectors (perhaps something like this 1586026-5 TE Connectivity / AMP Pin & Socket Connectors or Connectors - Headers - HDCONNS5).

It also appears that your cable isn't a true Kenwood PG-5A since your PS-2/DIN connector is female and the PG-5A has a male connector (Ham Radio Outlet | KENWOOD PG-5A DATA CABLE | TNC CABLE TM-733/255/455/251/451). It's possible that your cable mates to a PS-2 keyboard/mouse extension cable or something similar to make the connection.

Good luck!

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
It also appears that your cable isn't a true Kenwood PG-5A since your PS-2/DIN connector is female and the PG-5A has a male connector (Ham Radio Outlet | KENWOOD PG-5A DATA CABLE | TNC CABLE TM-733/255/455/251/451).
Good luck!

Correct, this is not a PG-5A. The radio does not have a chassis mounted TNC connector, it uses a cable to bring a female PS-2 outside the radio where a PG-5A can be plugged into it. The white connector is factory installed and plugs inside the radio. This is a Kenwood assembly and the part # is 30-7501-05.

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    cable.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 588
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.