TRX-1: Can now use ezscan but still have little prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBase1

Hi guys, huge thanks to all that helped me yesterday, can now use ezscan , the freqs are going into tx1 , i can get 2 inside , then when i program another batch freqs , it is wiping, delete the 2 that was installed if you follow my meaning.

Altho i am doing exact same method to program, apart from changing the correct settings needed , make sure the scanlist is enabled, the correct number is shown where freqs are going into , set V folder description , then copy config to scanner memory/sd card , a pop up shows then it shows list numbers and previous scanlists , so for example,, the last batch freqs i did and wanted was , twf1 and wanted it in number 5 . Now i think this where i am having problem , on pop up box , it shows CDAT and TWF1 ok

Do i check box CDAT (numbered 0 ) and TWF1 is numbered 5 .........or just check box CDAT 0 ??
when the conv freqs are loaded on screen , on ezscan , In the scan list on far right side , if i have say number 1 freqs installed on tx1 and is shown in objects and working , when i do the next set of freqs , say number 2. On the scanlist and conv page on pc screen , do i click on 1 and 2 (so it shows 1,2 )
I am doing something wrong and cant figure it out,
Sorry this bit long winded hope it makes sense , i can get freqs in , but after i have 2 bathches of freqs inside radio , and do the 3rd its putting the 3rd batch in radio , but deleting clearing, wiping 1 and 2.
Many thanks in advance guys. ,

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
If you've programmed it once and then go back later to add to it, you need to 'read' the data from scanner first, then modify it (add new info) and 'write' it back to it. If you just make a 'new' file that has additional information and program it to the scanner you are going to overwrite the original program. Always a good idea to read and save any radio before making any changes so you have something to revert back to if something goes wrong.

RedBase1

Have included some snapshots to show how setting up to load into radio ...
How does it look ?
If you've programmed it once and then go back later to add to it, you need to 'read' the data from scanner first, then modify it (add new info) and 'write' it back to it. If you just make a 'new' file that has additional information and program it to the scanner you are going to overwrite the original program. Always a good idea to read and save any radio before making any changes so you have something to revert back to if something goes wrong.
Hi cm , thanks for message. just for info , what i am doing is not doing what you say on message. maybe thats why i having problems What i am doing is i am doing is first batch freqs its installing onto radio , then do same again, but it either duplicates the 2nd batch over the 1st batch or wipes the 1st batch off radio.......i am basically going in circles at moment. over and over again, putting back what has been deleted or duplicated
thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-15 194636.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-08-15 194636.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 14

RedBase1

Can i ask question...when first start this ezscan method programming, is is like the old 1980s/90s radios, i had lots of them, and i am thinking and doing the same method. I am trying to get mil air in one bank/set , and sar in another bank /set and so on. Is that possible on these new tx1s and radios today ? Would like have different freqs all in same order , like a file cabinet. Press number 1 to scan for mil , press 2 for sar

RedBase1

cm , if possible could you send me some snapshots of how you program your radio. step by step settings and i would have something to follow. i think somewhere or something is not quite right with way i am setting up before i actually send all the data info to radio.

RedBase1

I am on day 3 now sitting at pc trying to get more then 1 or 2 batches of data inside radio. add freqs, save to config, click , send , check radio , its either deleted or duplicated all the work i am doing previous.

RedBase1

Hi guys n any ladies on site here.

I would like to ask a favor plz, if anyone is at pc busy using escan , could you please take snapshots or snips on how you actually program and get the freqs into the radio. (Snapshots Step by step) so from start to end please
I have been in battle for 4 days trying to use ezscan, (thanks to N1Gaw and the other guys for your advice and help previously , i can now get freqs into radio but cant get them to stay inside. All day yesterday and most of evening i was going over and over with same task. I am sure my settings all ok they look anyway , scanlist enabled , freqs, alphatag set ok . copy to sd/scanner then send ok. It would install freqs on radio ok , then i would same method , it either goes in radio or duplicates every channel/list ...or the 2nd batch freqs would delete wipe the 1st batch altogether. Spent 4 days going in circles over n over trying to get more then 1 or 2 batch freqs in radio.
Btw, using Trx1 and the conv freqs only at moment...
There is something not right, i just cant figure it out and i am techi so totally lost right now.

Thanks for reading, and kind regards all .

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
You asked this same thing in another thread, we tried to answer you. Starting a new thread on the same issue is discouraged. Please stick to the first thread where screen shots were sent to you.

RedBase1

Hi again n1 , thanks for message back. Yes apologies n1 , i just asking and need to know why does the freqs i put into radio get deleted when send the next ones to radio ?
Thanks

TAbirdman

The software deletes what is in the radio BEFORE it loads the new programming into the scanner. You need to add all what you want to listen to in EZScan and THEN download to the scanner. SAve the file in EZScan so if you want to add anything later, simply restore the saved file, add new frequencies THEN download to the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.