WS1065: Cannot receive trunked systems

N1GTL

Database Admin
I am trying to program a WS-1065 for a trunked system. I'm starting by factory defaulting the scanner and then creating a system. I have dumbed it down to a point where I am manually adding the control channel and a wildcard as the talk group. The signal strength icon indicated full strength. When I select the ANALYZE option, the scanner is showing the correct system ID. 99% is the reading which I am guessing is an indicator for how well the signal is. I'm adding this as P25 AUTO. I am receiving no audio from anything. I have and SDS100 and SDS200 on the same desk. Both are receiving the system just fine. I have also tried programing it from the WIN500 software with the same results.

I'm far from a newbie but this is my first time owning this radio and can't help but feel like I am missing something simple. I have also tried adding a local towns trunked system with the same result so I am hoping it is tied to the wildcard being setup wrong.

I am receiving conventional systems just fine.

Thanks for reading

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
I am trying to program a WS-1065 for a trunked system. I'm starting by factory defaulting the scanner and then creating a system. I have dumbed it down to a point where I am manually adding the control channel and a wildcard as the talk group. The signal strength icon indicated full strength. When I select the ANALYZE option, the scanner is showing the correct system ID. 99% is the reading which I am guessing is an indicator for how well the signal is. I'm adding this as P25 AUTO. I am receiving no audio from anything. I have and SDS100 and SDS200 on the same desk. Both are receiving the system just fine. I have also tried programing it from the WIN500 software with the same results.

I'm far from a newbie but this is my first time owning this radio and can't help but feel like I am missing something simple. I have also tried adding a local towns trunked system with the same result so I am hoping it is tied to the wildcard being setup wrong.

I am receiving conventional systems just fine.

Thanks for reading
Which system?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The WS1065 is not capable of P25 Phase II...are you trying to monitor Phase II talkgroups?