WS1065: Cannot receive trunked systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1GTL

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Jun 14, 2005
Messages
1,000
Reaction score
150
Location
CT
I am trying to program a WS-1065 for a trunked system. I'm starting by factory defaulting the scanner and then creating a system. I have dumbed it down to a point where I am manually adding the control channel and a wildcard as the talk group. The signal strength icon indicated full strength. When I select the ANALYZE option, the scanner is showing the correct system ID. 99% is the reading which I am guessing is an indicator for how well the signal is. I'm adding this as P25 AUTO. I am receiving no audio from anything. I have and SDS100 and SDS200 on the same desk. Both are receiving the system just fine. I have also tried programing it from the WIN500 software with the same results.

I'm far from a newbie but this is my first time owning this radio and can't help but feel like I am missing something simple. I have also tried adding a local towns trunked system with the same result so I am hoping it is tied to the wildcard being setup wrong.

I am receiving conventional systems just fine.

Thanks for reading
 

KevinC

32D2T/957.282
Super Moderator
Joined
Jan 7, 2001
Messages
14,831
Reaction score
24,615
Location
I'm everywhere Focker!
I am trying to program a WS-1065 for a trunked system. I'm starting by factory defaulting the scanner and then creating a system. I have dumbed it down to a point where I am manually adding the control channel and a wildcard as the talk group. The signal strength icon indicated full strength. When I select the ANALYZE option, the scanner is showing the correct system ID. 99% is the reading which I am guessing is an indicator for how well the signal is. I'm adding this as P25 AUTO. I am receiving no audio from anything. I have and SDS100 and SDS200 on the same desk. Both are receiving the system just fine. I have also tried programing it from the WIN500 software with the same results.

I'm far from a newbie but this is my first time owning this radio and can't help but feel like I am missing something simple. I have also tried adding a local towns trunked system with the same result so I am hoping it is tied to the wildcard being setup wrong.

I am receiving conventional systems just fine.

Thanks for reading
Which system?
 

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
17,238
Reaction score
16,969
Location
BEE00
The WS1065 is not capable of P25 Phase II...are you trying to monitor Phase II talkgroups?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top