Can't Get Right

Status
Not open for further replies.

tusker305

I am in the process of upgrading the shack to digital. BCD 996s and BC-T15s. Thought I would get a jump on programing with the software, but this new dynamic memory is a little different. As Cool Hand Luke would say " I Need To Get My Mind Right" So when you guys stop laughing at the old new guy, let me know if I have this anywhere close to right: SYSTEM = Fleetnet,Mpscs, Aircraft, Marine, etc. SITE = The tower I want to recieve from???? (Trunked). Analogue ????? GROUP = I am guessing would be like a "Bank" on a regular scanner. EMS, Fire, Police, The Dog Catcher, etc. Am I even Close?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
You are bang on. There are lots of apps to help you program too, from Unidens USAD to Butels ARC series and the popular FreeScan software.

tusker305

Fleetnet Band Plan???

Hi All
I'm in the process of entering all the systems using FreeScan. In the MOT II P25 Systems there is a tab to enter an APCO Band Plan. Freqs 0-9 , A-F. And Step (Khz) for each. What is this? Where do I get them? I read on this site somewhere that for Feetnet I should use Band Plan 1. I don't know what Band Plan 1 is. Help Please!

tusker305

This is a different tab on the same page in the program. The tab is marked APCO BAND PLAN it has 15 spaces to enter a freq and for each freq a spot to enter a step.

warrior420

I have no clue about that Freescan. Arc or the Uniden software sounds a little easier than that to find the bandplan. Its easily done by hand however, follow the guide at the top of this forum and learn where all these number and frequencies go. Then whn you go back to the software it will make more sense to see where they ended up.

slicerwizard

tusker305 said:
This is a different tab on the same page in the program. The tab is marked APCO BAND PLAN it has 15 spaces to enter a freq and for each freq a spot to enter a step.
Fleetnet isn't an APCO25 system, so it doesn't use an APCO BAND PLAN.

TIZ6

tusker... I use ARC150PRO for my BCT15 and don't think I could live without it now. Combined with a subscription to RR you can program your entire scanner in minutes, make changes on the fly, move frequencies/groups around, enjoy the convenience of virtual control from your computer, selectively record and save audio, log traffic, etc. There are cheaper versions of ARC150 with fewer features starting around $40 but if you can afford it I'd recommend the Pro ver. Some people balk at spending money on software but after dropping $300-600 on a scanner it's really just chump change. ;)

cpuerror

tusker305 said:
Hi All
I'm in the process of entering all the systems using FreeScan. In the MOT II P25 Systems there is a tab to enter an APCO Band Plan. Freqs 0-9 , A-F. And Step (Khz) for each. What is this? Where do I get them? I read on this site somewhere that for Feetnet I should use Band Plan 1. I don't know what Band Plan 1 is. Help Please!

You can just ignore the APCO tab, its there in case you need it but I don't think 99% of systems require it. The band plan you want is the VHF band plan, and you enter that where it says "For Motorola VHF/UHF Systems only". For Fleetnet zone 2 , for example, its a base frequency of 141.015, step is 15 and offset is 380. The actual frequencies are shown on the RR database and you just enter them directly as you see them. I hope that helps clear things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.