Can't hear one provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

msradell

Does it only happen on ScannerLive? Or Broadcastify too?
It happens on both of them. I normally listen and ScannerLive, but since the problem started I've also tried Broadcastify and the same thing happens there. It's a really strange problem.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I've merged the two threads discussing this.

In the future please don't start a second thread, use the "Report Post" feature (red triangle in the upper right) to request to have the thread moved.

msradell

I realize that it works for most other people. And I agree that it's a problem on my end however I don't know where to even begin to look because most feeds work perfectly. If anybody has any ideas what to look at I'd be more than willing to try. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the ScannerLive software, I tried looking to Broadcastify in different browsers and I've tried a repair install on my Windows 10 operating system. All of these had no effect on the problem.

msradell

It's a computer laptop, running Windows 10x64 32 GB of RAM, Intel Wi-Fi card, SSD plus hard drive etc., it's pretty loaded. I'm disabled and don't even have any type of cell phone and my wife is always turned off when she's in the house. I backtracked connecting Wi-Fi on both the N & AC connections and nothing made any difference.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Sometimes my PC acts up and I have to pull the power on the back of my modem for 30 sec. and or use a tooth pick and reset it. Different problem here but it worked. I would do the router too just to eliminate them

msradell

I've done it to the laptop a couple of times, even pulls a battery and left the power off overnight one time. I hadn't thought about the RG (I have U-verse) I'll try that after little bit, thanks for the idea.

rcool101

Feed Provider
If you're able to.....I would get in the car and go to someplace like McDonald's parking lot with the laptop and try it there

rcool101

Feed Provider
One more thought....Go to an empty bank..(you have 10 of them)....Install the station you have trouble with all by itself...no others....try it

msradell

I tried rebooting the router and that made no difference I also tried using a different audio source (Wi-Fi @ Starbucks) and still no go. I hear all my other feeds, just not the one for Jefferson County Metro fire which is where I live.

msradell

Just thought I would follow up and let everybody know what I found! I set the audio output to the speakers in the laptop instead of to my headset. Lo and behold I was once again hearing the audio feed that I have been missing. It's more playing around to discover that for some reason all the other audio feeds come in as mono but this 1 was coming in his stereo and wasn't coming in on the side that my headset has a speaker on! Not sure why it suddenly changed but I at least figured out what was going on and how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.