Canton PD call signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

born_again_scanner

Premium Subscriber
Hi all

I am recently back into the hobby and I was wondering if anyone knew what the call signs meant in here in Canton I seem to hear alot of Dxx late night and Cxx during the day but I've also heard Exxx, Fxx, and Xxx.

I am taking notes and trying to determine for myself but any help would be appreciated

I've also hear references to area 3, area 4 ( seems to be east side of township) and area 7 ( I think far southwest side).

Thanks for any help

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
From what I remember, these are the following areas:

1. Northwest
  2. Northeast
  3. Southwest
  4. Southeast
The divider line is Canton Center and Cherry Hill Roads. When a patrol car moves from one area/patrol sector to another, their ID changes accordingly. Likewise, they do have some units that are traffic, detectives, special events, and township-wide that have their own unique IDs. Sadly, I have not been listening to Canton that closely to keep up with their unit numbering scheme.

73's

Ron

johnvassel

Seems to me the alpha descriptor was typically their shift identifier. Ie.... so many officers are Adam (they usually get scheduled together for that month) Baker, Charlie..etc. Then the next number is usually their sector. And the last number was typically for number of officers in the car, in their case mostly 1. X-ray was a motorcycle cop.
It's been a while since I lived there, but this was somewhat accurate then.
Good luck. (I remember when they werent even on a repeater!)

john

born_again_scanner

Premium Subscriber
thanks john

that seems to be some what the case but I hear alot of Alpha through Delta ending in zero or one and Echo, Frank and X-rar ending in zero though six, thanks for the tip.

I grew up "near lansing" and I am amazed how much that area has really grown in the past few years but yet still seems like a nice quiet place to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.