Carroll County Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamHLG

Hi All,

I'm a Baltimore County FF/EMT and I am programming my recently acquired G5. I already have Balt County and Balt City setup and working great. I am now programming Carroll County from the RR Database.

Looking at the Radio Reference Database for Carroll County, can someone help me out with the primary fire talkgroups by reference to either the Alpha Tags or the actual numerical talkgroups (10301, etc)? I am not familiar with Carroll County so I am trying to understand which talkgroups are used for dispatch, and then 'local boxes', and then 'fire boxes', etc. The G5 has a 8 zone selector switch and I am trying to narrow down the talkgroups primarily utilized so I can place 1 talk group on each position, and then I can throw the overflow talkgroups onto the final selector switch position. In this regard, in order of precedence, I am looking for the primary talkgroups utilized closest to Glyndon-Reisterstown area, and then go out from there.

I hope I am explaining this correctly - for example - In Baltimore County, we have main, central, east, west, Tac 1-2, Tac 2-2, Tac 3-2, and a few more etc., and then the others are rarely if ever used. I cannot tell from the database which Carroll County talkgroups correspond to the Baltimore County example so that I have the main talkgroups identified.

Thanks and stay safe.

atlong

Database Admin
10301CCFD A1 MainA1 Main Fire/EMS Dispatch
10302CCFD A2 FTacA2 Fire Tac Fire/EMS Response (Minor Calls/Local Boxes-Countywide)
10303CCFD A4A4 Call 801 (Patch to EMRC Call 1) Unit to EMRC Request for Med Channel Consult
10304CCFD A5A5 Med 804 (Patch to EMRC Med 4) Med Channel Consult Unit with Hospital
10305CCFD A3 EMS1A3 EMS 1 Major EMS Incidents? (Someone Please help me here)
10306CCFD B3 EMS2B3 EMS 2 Major EMS Incidents? (Someone Please help me here)
10307CCFD A6A6 Med 808 (Patch to EMRC Med 8) Med Channel Consult Unit with Hospital
10308CCFD A7 FG10A7 Fireground 10 First Major Fire Incident Fireground Operations (Fire Boxes)
10309CCFD A8 FG11A8 Fireground 11 First Major Fire Incident 2nd Fireground Operations i.e.: Water Supply
10310CCFD A9 FG12A9 Fireground 12 First Major Fire Incident 2nd Fireground Operations i.e.: Roof Operations
10311CCFD A10FG13A10 Fireground 13 First Major Fire Incident 2nd Fireground Operations i.e.: Other Special Operation
10312CCFD Annc10sAnnounce Group for 10s First Major Fire Incident Fireground Operations Simulcasted Across all FGTG's 10 thru 13 i.e.: EVACUATION Announcement, etc.

The next set of FG TG's would then be used if 2nd major fire incident occurs and so on. I hope that makes sense. I believe several Western MD counties operate in this same manner, especially Frederick and Washington Counties. There are no TG's associated to regions within the county, like BCO's East, West, Central, etc.

Last edited:

AdamHLG

This is eons from their original 33.94 Fire/EMS-Dispatch/Response and their only FG 33.92 back in the days of pre-TRS's.

You're telling me! I owned one of the first radio scanners ever invented more than 40 years ago. It was a 4 channel tune-able radio. And then I had the crystal scanners from Radio Shack. Now I have a Unication G5 which is by far my favorite of all time.

tvengr

Well Known Member
So hey tvengr thanks for that file! Just programmed Baltimore County Fire into it and got it working.
The G4 file I posted also includes zones for Carroll County. It is set up in a similar fashion as Baltimore City and County with the main talkgroups that you will need. Fireground 10, 20, 30, and 40 are the main tac talkgroups for Carroll County. If you right click on the Zone numbers, you can rearrange the zones.

AdamHLG

if you right click on the Zone numbers, you can rearrange the zones.

Ha! Great trick - thanks! And then I right clicked the channel selection cells within the zones and didn't realize I can copy & paste too! (bangs head now that I just programmed my third system into this thing). Also looking at your file now. Great job on that file.

AdamHLG

You can convert a G4 file to a G5 file and not have to do any programming.

Yeah - in point of fact, when I tried to load from it, got the error and just learned how to do it literally 30 seconds ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.