Catoosa, Dade, Walker P25 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButchGone

We need help filling in some gaps in talk group usage. I'm seeing a trend for the NW Georgia counties using the Tennessee Valley system.
For example, fireground channels. Catoosa has FG-9, 10 and 11. Walker County has FG-12,13,14 and Dade County has FG-15 and 16. But the Dade County firegrounds are a mystery.
On the law enforcement side each county has Tac channels that seem coordinated too. Catoosa has Tac-1,2,3. Walker County has Tac-4, 5 and 6. Dade County has one listed as Tac-7.
Does anybody know what Dade Tac-8 is?
Does anybody know what Dade Fireground 15,16 is?
I am assuming they are all numbered this way because they have each other's tac channels in a bank for interops? (Chattanooga uses FG 1-4, Hamilton County VFDs use FG 5-8)
Walker County shows a Tac-1,2,3. But the talkgroup listed as Tac-3 is actually City PD Dispatch (for LaFayette, Rossville, Lookout Mnt and Chickamauga PDs).
I suspect Walker has a court channel, maybe another admin type group which could explain what is listed as Tac-1,2.
There are probably some talkgroups that only pop up only the NW Georgia, Canyon Ridge sites and not the Chattanooga simulcast.
It looks easy to guess what all the assignments are based on how they are numbered now, but confirmation would be great.
This will greatly help people with the Uniden Home Patrol and GRE new 800 which is programmed based on what's listed in RR data base.
BG..

beeeno

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'll start paying alittle more attention. You may be on to something. I can tell you that I have heard Eastridge on Catoosa's TAC-1, if something is going on on the state line. During the tornado in Ringgold, all the P25 traffic was on the statewide 154.905. I guess that was the easiest way to get all the agencies communicating. The P25 mutual aids were used daily also.

Status
Not open for further replies.