• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

cb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm guessing gmrs or frs is the trend instead of 27mhz. since the trash factor would be less.
n9zas

JAFONorf

Premium Subscriber
Channel 6 I do so believe is active up north. I usually heard them bleed in when I was on my company channel of 5. In my travel of NJ CB has been kinda destroyed unless you can tolerate high powered stations walking over everyone and hearing them for over 20 miles. EX. My morning travel as I approached 287 off of 80 I heard someone all the way down 24 to 78 into Newark. Kinda annoying when the people are just repeating the same thing over and over again on 19. What is the point who knows? Maybe they have found some kind of meaning being annoying and ruining the spectrum especially when someone could use some info.

whiskeytango

there was a thread kinda recently about the difference in geographical locales and cb, here in the sierra nevada its really only used for trucker convos, but not too much blabber

kb2vxa

Banned
With the exception of a few trash talking high powered splatter boxes on 18 out of the Newark area CB is dead in northern New Jersey. Rumor has it there are a few "classic Redneck" mobiles running around the Pine Barrens down south but this is unconfirmed, our Pineys wouldn't know a CB if it fell from the sky and hit them on the head. <cue Dueling Banjos>

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
With the exception of a few trash talking high powered splatter boxes on 18 out of the Newark area CB is dead in northern New Jersey. Rumor has it there are a few "classic Redneck" mobiles running around the Pine Barrens down south but this is unconfirmed, our Pineys wouldn't know a CB if it fell from the sky and hit them on the head. <cue Dueling Banjos>

Wrong..........Channel 17 in Northern Monmouth is very active. A few loudmouths now and again, but many nights, good ragchewing, Staten Island and Jersey

RES51CUE

Banned
what ch. near rockaway twp. or boro.in morris county nj is good to listen too

Agreed

Channel 6 I do so believe is active up north. I usually heard them bleed in when I was on my company channel of 5. In my travel of NJ CB has been kinda destroyed unless you can tolerate high powered stations walking over everyone and hearing them for over 20 miles. EX. My morning travel as I approached 287 off of 80 I heard someone all the way down 24 to 78 into Newark. Kinda annoying when the people are just repeating the same thing over and over again on 19. What is the point who knows? Maybe they have found some kind of meaning being annoying and ruining the spectrum especially when someone could use some info.

You know, you just reminded me why I got bored with my CB hobby. The same idiots over and over all day calling out their stupid slogans, like "Hey Hey Red Rocker 35, how you doin' Cmon?" over and over and over and over. And they NEVER get an answer. Do these guys have jobs? Of course not, why did I ask. Your post brings back major memories!

Status
Not open for further replies.