cb radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

l8models

I would like to program all citizens band radio frequencies into my radio........will i need a pl tone for each channel to transmit? if so, what is the PL tone for the 40 cb radio channels?

Thanks for any info

l8models

why? so, i can program the frequency into my ham radio and talk as if i was on a cb?

I am new here, please bare with me....lol

Thanks for the info by the way..

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
l8models said:
can I program the frequency into my ham radio and talk as if i was on a cb?
I am new here, please bare with me....lol
Thanks for the info by the way..

I read in your posting history that you are in possesion of a Dual Band DJ -V5T , it only
has 144 - 148 mHz and 430 - 450 mHz capability. CB band is not in that range.
So what you are trying to accomplish can't be done.

You never mentioned your Amateur Radio callsign . Most Hams are proud to show the
call that they have earned.

W8OSP

yeah me 2, you should already know all bands and frequancys if you got your ham lisc. Very few amateur radios will do citzens band anyway and usally need modded for this. high 26mhz - low 27mhz. If you are trying to trainsmit on CB just get you a CB!!

specman

KD8BFF said:
yeah me 2, you should already know all bands and frequancys if you got your ham lisc. Very few amateur radios will do citzens band anyway and usally need modded for this. high 26mhz - low 27mhz. If you are trying to trainsmit on CB just get you a CB!!

Agreed...and it would be illegal to use amatuer equipment to do so anyways...especially with the higher power output available.

Status
Not open for further replies.