CBP/ Border Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

akanuaka

Hi,
Love the forum, have been trolling awhile, really great place here.

I am in the middle of nowhere on the Northern Border for a short term job filling-in for an injury. There is not much to listen to here in any stripe local, state or federal. A McDonalds drive-thru would really pickup scanning in this place. It is so small, I intend to be a bit vague when I say being the land of plenty and all, scooby-do would not like it here shaggy.

Anyway, I've been listening to the Border Patrol for a couple of weeks, wondering if anyone had a copy of their 10-code?

Searched the forums perhaps my booleen is poorly formed, but I cannot find anything on this site or google....PM's are fine if discretion is your bag. puzzled in paradise.

Aloha,
AL

Last edited:

nd5y

The last time I listened to the Border Patrol was when I lived in El Paso, TX almost 30 years ago.
I don't know how much has changed since then or if they do things differently on the Canadian border.

Back then they did a security check every hour or half hour at night to make sure all the agents where ok. 10-18 was "security check" and 10-19 "aknowledgment of security check". The agents' callsigns had a letter and 2 or 3 digit number. The letter was what station they work out of. All the ones in El Paso started with E.

They had a large number of geophone sensors in the ground all along the border with cables that ran to radio modems hidden nearby.
The dispatcher would tell the units in the area "single hit on 375" or "multiple hits on 377" or whatever sensor number it was.
That sounds like probably what you are hearing.

Last edited:

Mick

I just found an old list from 1978 and will get back with it here later after I complete some other chores.

Mick

Here are some Ten Codes for INS, page 1 & 2 is for one list, and the 2nd list is a different page. Hope they are still in use!

Last edited:

akanuaka

Thanks! Have not heard many of these but will be on the lookout for them. Thank you for the list.

Aloha,
Al

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Thats interesting with the geophone radio modems sending in where the hits are

Status
Not open for further replies.